Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Virgin Media hack

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Thanks. Someone from Virgin Media was in touch earlier to let me know about this breach.

They checked my name, address, bank details and security password and confirmed my details were not within the database, so I’m not at risk.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No problem for me, as a Virgin Media rep from their Nigerian call centre has been helping me, kindly taking to time to call me first.

Hey I wonder if that’s the same person who warned me my Amazon Prime was going up to £37.99 and the Inland Revenue had issued an arrest warrant....it all went away with my bank details...first class customer service

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Great intel from the OP - thanks.

And heartening that the next two replies were essentially the same joke being typed at the same time.

Well played NSC.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hey I wonder if that’s the same person who warned me my Amazon Prime was going up to £37.99 and the Inland Revenue had issued an arrest warrant....it all went away with my bank details...first class customer service

I’m still annoyed with the TV Licensing Authority. They emailed from their Romanian office, saying that my DD had failed. So I gave them my bank details again and the sods in error took all my savings. Utter incompetence.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Hardly a hack if it wasn't secured in the first place! Pretty shocking for a technology company.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I had someone with a strange accent call me earlier saying they were from Virgin Media,after giving them all my bank details it turns out that I am now paying far less than I was ! result !

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
email explanation received from Virgin tonight. "database was accessible from at least 19 April 2019 and the data was recently accessed".

Wonder how it was discovered, and what "at least" means - could it refer to many years before?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here