Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Ghostbusters: Afterlife. YAY !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
y2mate.com_-_ghostbusters_afterlife_official_trailer_hd_ahZFCF--uRY_1080p.mp4.00_02_32_09.Still001.jpg

Saw a trailer for this last night and it made me very HAPPY.

Stantz is back
Winstone is back
Dana is back
Janine is back

But most importantly....thats right boys, its Dr. VENKMAN. Bill Murray reprising his role from the first two films this time, of which this is a direct sequel (they're wisely completely ignoring that 2016 all-female shitfest). Sadly no Louis Tully (Rick Moranis) though, sounds like he's withdrawn from acting for the last 10 years, and of course even sadder no Spengler, although he's apparently not been forgotten from the script.

Roll on July (if we're still allowed in cinemas by then). :clap2:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
y2mate.com_-_ghostbusters_afterlife_official_trailer_hd_ahZFCF--uRY_1080p.mp4.00_02_32_09.Still001.jpg

Saw a trailer for this last night and it made me very HAPPY.

Stantz is back
Winstone is back
Dana is back
Janine is back

But most importantly....thats right boys, its Dr. VENKMAN. Bill Murray reprising his role from the first two films this time, of which this is a direct sequel (they're wisely completely ignoring that 2016 all-female shitfest). Sadly no Louis Tully (Rick Moranis) though, sounds like he's withdrawn from acting for the last 10 years, and of course even sadder no Spengler, although he's apparently not been forgotten from the script.

Roll on July (if we're still allowed in cinemas by then). :clap2:

Rick Moranis has been out of the acting game since 1997 according to Wikipedia, his wife died in 1991 and he decided to give it up to spend more time with his children. He's recently announced that he is getting back into it for another sequel to Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

I'm really looking forward to this as well. The first 2 movies are some of my favourites.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rick Moranis has been out of the acting game since 1997 according to Wikipedia, his wife died in 1991 and he decided to give it up to spend more time with his children. He's recently announced that he is getting back into it for another sequel to Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

I'm really looking forward to this as well. The first 2 movies are some of my favourites.

A shame he couldn't be tempted back for GB Afterlife then, his turn as downtrodden superwimp Louis Tully was so good last time.

The main attraction is of course Venkman though. If Murray wasn't on board then I wouldn't have had much of a buzz for this at all, but apparently the script was well written enough to tempt him back into the role, so I'm optimistic this'll be very decent. He's strapping on the unlicensed nuclear accelerator backback again at the ripe old age of 69. Marvellous.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But most importantly....thats right boys, its Dr. VENKMAN. Bill Murray reprising his role from the first two films this time, of which this is a direct sequel
I haven't seen GB2 since it was out (whereas I watched GB1 again recently), but my memory is telling me it wasn't very good. Was it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I haven't seen GB2 since it was out (whereas I watched GB1 again recently), but my memory is telling me it wasn't very good. Was it?

I've not seen GB2 for donkeys either, but it was always regarded as very much inferior to the original, which did set an incredibly high bar. With some very notable exceptions its rare that a sequel outdoes the original. Like you I'm recalling that the 2nd was quite poor. Murray was apparently put off doing sequels to ANYTHING as a direct result, which tells its own tale.

I will revisit both in the run-up to when this new one comes out though.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The trailer if anyone is interested

Working on my rule of thumb, that the longer the trailer the worse the film is, probably one to wait until it reaches streaming services to see.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I still quite like GB2.

It's not a patch on Ghostbusters but it's got some great scenes. And Peter MacNicol chewing scenery as Janosz is brilliant.

Also, fun fact - the kid in the birthday party scene at the beginning who says "my dad says you're full of crap" is none other than Jason Reitman, son of Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman, and director of Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

I prefer GB2, but I suspect I’ll be in the minority!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I fail to see how this won’t be simply amazeballs.

Rudd has put in some excellent recent turns in similar films [Antman etc] to be a good younger foil for the old crew and alongside the Stranger Things kid will add the right amount of relevance to a younger audience.

Reitman is a solid writer director and the tone of the trailer is excellent.

Very excited about this.

Hope the tricky global theatrical market place doesn’t scupper it’s scheduled release date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here