Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Australia tour for Palace and West Ham

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I read in the London Eve. Standard tonight that Palace and West Ham will both play
in a tournament of sorts in Oz for their summer break (playing Robbie Fowler's
team or something in Brisbane (I might be wrong on this)).

If true, my question is:

Why the flip weren't our PR people all over this like a cheap suit since, errrr, hello, we do
have two Australian Internationals in our side? Do we have a PR team or marketing group
at all? A big marketing opportunity gone!!

Instead, we will no doubt end up in some God forsaken mountain village in Austria which
nobody has ever heard of or would ever want to go, instead of somewhere interesting.

Can't say I'm not p&&&&d off about this situation.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I read in the London Eve. Standard tonight that Palace and West Ham will both play

If true, my question is:

Why the flip weren't our PR people all over this like a cheap suit since, errrr, hello, we do
have two Australian Internationals in our side? Do we have a PR team or marketing group

Instead, we will no doubt end up in some God forsaken mountain village in Austria which
nobody has ever heard of or would ever want to go, instead of somewhere interesting.

Maybe they insisted on Premier teams ! Obvious answer !

Long way to fly pre season and especially given Corona issues.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Our back room will be scouring 2.Bundesliga, Argentinian no-names and the Championship for cast-offs to appease the fans hunger for signings. No time for a team building trip far away, we won’t have anyone to send.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
We’re not exactly a big draw, Aussies in the squad or not. Many football fans in this country have never heard of us, let alone in Oz, plus we’re a Premier League team in name only, whereas many would consider the aforementioned as teams with PL credentials/pedigree.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We’re not exactly a big draw, Aussies in the squad or not. Many football fans in this country have never heard of us, let alone in Oz, plus we’re a Premier League team in name only, whereas many would consider the aforementioned as teams with PL credentials/pedigree.

Have to disagree, Aussies are very supportive of their own sportspeople. West Ham may be more 'glam' than us, but Palace really have nothing over us down here. It probably is an opportunity lost in terms of fan recruitment, but with all that is going on in the world right now it may be for the best.

Might be fun to see a few Albion shirts in the bars of Brisbane on match day mind.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Maybe we listen to the manager in terms of what and where he wants to go for pre season rather than chasing the money I would have thought it should he about getting the team ready to win the opening game and perform well.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

If true, my question is:

Yep[, lots of interest in us downunder with our two internationals.

Sea Eagle

Jun 23, 2011
We are defo a bigger draw for locals (and expats) than West Ham and Palace.

Heaps of interest from Australians in following Aaron and Maty and pride in having two quality players in the premier league. You only need to see the regular updates on their progress on Optus Sport on social media to back this up.

If there is some kind of mini tournament, we’ve massively missed a trick here. For me, preferably in Sydney where Maty and Aaron come from.

Brighton....make this happen please

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

If true, my question is:

I think an Austrian mountain village would be far nicer than Australia.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The chairman’s wife is from Melbourne & he spends quite a few months of the year there himself.
You’d think if there was any benefit to the club, he would know.

Sea Eagle

Jun 23, 2011
Maybe yes and maybe no.

Maty is hugely popular at Central Coast Mariners...a game at their decent and reasonably sized stadium would sell out in my view.

Aaron played for Western Sydney Wanderers and Melbourne City, games against both of them would attract a lot of local interest. Western Sydney has an awesome new stadium, perfect football venue.

These three games would make a tour that could be good for promoting the club overseas and would be great pre-season opponents...maybe score a few goals too and spot some young talent for our academy wanting to break into English football. Easy pickings with our Aussie player links!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Once the striker transfer is complete we'd be better off having preseason in Israel anyway. :wink:

Especially for you [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION].

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
The chairman’s wife is from Melbourne & he spends quite a few months of the year there himself.
You’d think if there was any benefit to the club, he would know.

Whenever I go to Brighton* beach in Melbourne, I have this odd feeling that one day he will walk along and I can deliver a “Seagulls” shout in his direction.

It’s not happened yet but I live in hope:lolol::lolol:

*I understand he lives in Brighton here too!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Whereas Chrystal palace have a sparkly name?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here