Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When Premier League matches are played behind closed doors

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
.... as they surely will be. (Spectators have just been banned from sport for a month in Italy)

Will we get our season tickets refunded? I would assume so.

Will Sky and BT be allowed to show MORE matches? I would guess yes, again.

Gonna be weird, that's for sure.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Cue comments about how the atmosphere will probably be better than on a normal matchday... :lol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
.... as they surely will be. (Spectators have just been banned from sport for a month in Italy)

Will we get our season tickets refunded? I would assume so.

Will Sky and BT be allowed to show MORE matches? I would guess yes, again.

Gonna be weird, that's for sure.

Surely there would be a red button option with every game being live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ideal reaction would be temporary permitted to televise 3pm games, on condition of being free to air. clubs need to keep the revenues and for most fans hope they'd see it as a donation to their club.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You got an idea of the thinking of some MPs at PMQs today with a question about Parliament and with 650 MPs how will they continue when the virus infects more. Johnson's usual non reply referred to large gatherings, so if 650 is a large gathering then everything is going to be closed down.

Personally I would prefer to see a limited attendance, as an example anyone with more than 500 loyalty points would be allowed to attend,

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're not that lucky.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Personally I would prefer to see a limited attendance, as an example anyone with more than 500 loyalty points would be allowed to attend,

What have you got against people with 500+ loyalty points?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You got an idea of the thinking of some MPs at PMQs today with a question about Parliament and with 650 MPs how will they continue when the virus infects more. Johnson's usual non reply referred to large gatherings, so if 650 is a large gathering then everything is going to be closed down.

Nah got to be names out of a hat ...those not pulled out have to go

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What a load of shit. Football once again showing it thinks it is more important than the rest of the world. If there is a pandemic on, with lock downs of public spaces why should a game be played behind close doors? What about players? Staff? St. John’s etc ? Still requires a bunch of people to go there and do their job.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What a load of shit. Football once again showing it thinks it is more important than the rest of the world. If there is a pandemic on, with lock downs of public spaces why should a game be played behind close doors? What about players? Staff? St. John’s etc ? Still requires a bunch of people to go there and do their job.

England’s game against Italy in Rome to be played behind closed doors......rugby union

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
England’s game against Italy in Rome to be played behind closed doors......rugby union

Again. Load of shit. Either play it with a crowd or postpone

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am sure the Chief Exec has this covered in the small print T&Cs about refunds or lack of

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Newcastle will still get 50k in to protest about the chairman and how they hate their team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here