The Fatherland

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
source.gif

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Sounds great unless you were already on 54k or more. If you were on 54k and somebody in the post room or the receptionist suddenly doubles or more their wages and yours didn't go up, you would not be happy.

If I was already on 54k and someone on 27k doubled their salary, I would be fine as long as I got another 10k plus.

Don't forget, people on 54k plus have often spent time and money on courses, exams and gaining experience to get to that level, so they should earn more.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
If you earn 54k you will want 64k to be happy and so on.

often upping your salary also means increasing rent/mortgage payments for a bigger house, nice car so higher payments, better holidays, wines, kids schools, expensive hobbies etc etc.

perhaps I'm just having a miserable day and am currently not happy, due in part by having no money - can anyone lend me a spare 54k ? (infact round it up to 64k)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Sounds great unless you were already on 54k or more. If you were on 54k and somebody in the post room or the receptionist suddenly doubles or more their wages and yours didn't go up, you would not be happy.

If I was already on 54k and someone on 27k doubled their salary, I would be fine as long as I got another 10k plus.

Don't forget, people on 54k plus have often spent time and money on courses, exams and gaining experience to get to that level, so they should earn more.

Unless your tradesman then the attitude is your taking the piss to corporate types, had a lawyer tell me she wasn’t paying my hourly rate as she earned the same amount :shrug:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A train driver gets twice what a bus driver gets. Is the train driver paid too much ? No the bus driver is paid too little.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

So although nothing would have changed for you (you are still earning 54k) you think your life would be worse (you would not be happy) ONLY because someone else has become better off?

Wow.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If you earn 54k you will want 64k to be happy and so on.

often upping your salary also means increasing rent/mortgage payments for a bigger house, nice car so higher payments, better holidays, wines, kids schools, expensive hobbies etc etc.

It's sad that this attitude exists. More, bigger, and better things is not the route to happiness.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
So although nothing would have changed for you (you are still earning 54k) you think your life would be worse (you would not be happy) ONLY because someone else has become better off?

Wow.
Where did I say my life would be worse? Clearly it wouldn't. It is just how life works, people are paid different amounts. How beautiful would it have been if from year dot everyone was paid the same whatever job they do?

If I'm on 54k and the person on 24k goes up to 54k, will the person on 74k drop to 54k? That would be a no, so put me on 74k please.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
54k a year it seems!

How a CEO transformed his company by setting a £54k minimum wage
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...dan-price-gravity-payments-took-1m-salary-cut

Well that's a brilliant suggestion from the boss of that company. Sure people MIGHT get newer cars and bigger houses but at the end of the day, they are surviving better because he took a £1m pay cut..

Well done to the fella. This for me is a good example of Capitalism at its best. Much better than the Bankers (spelt with a W) and their millions in bounses out of grannies ISA.

OK so Besos started Amazon, but how much do you need? From the article :
So are more companies following his lead? Nope. Price thinks that he might have influenced Amazon’s decision to raise its minimum wage, but then again Amazon’s boss is one of the world’s richest men. If he was to share his worth among his 800,000 employees, they would each be on double what Price pays his.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

One of at least 10 scenarios that disproves this theory.

How can you be happy whatever you are paid, when you are constantly comparing yourself to others?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It's sad that this attitude exists. More, bigger, and better things is not the route to happiness.

True but trying to live and raise a family on £27,000 a year is going to be hard. There's a minimum standard to 'live well' and that doesn't mean a new car every year.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Didn't Corbyn say that anyone earning over £50k is rich?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here