Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Priti Patel Thread?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
:drool:
:sick:

Give with one hand, take away with t'other.

Here's a challenge for you Mr Stat.

How many times is the word odious used against Tory politicians versus Labour?

I bet it's massively against the former.
Seems to be a buzzword for Labour supporters :)

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The great thing about NSC is that we are a very broad church, an eclectic mix of opinions and professions.
In My opinion The current Home Secretary is doing an excellent job, draining the civil service swamp of wet liberals. The shouty woke flakes will get their panties in a bunch but the silent majority appreciates her work.

Yes, because bullying in the workplace is fine!

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
After her resignation in 2017 as UK international development secretary over her unauthorised meetings with Israeli officials that should have been the end of her career in the ministry.

But this is a post truth, post shame Britain, par for the course

Liam Fox unfortunately set the precedent that you can come back from pretty much anything as long as you have the right ideology.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
A hatchet job in the Guardian today except the dates are wrong. The writer is ................ Wait for it................. Boris Johnson's sister in law.

[tweet]1235105886424551427[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Why do people assume you have to be on the left to object to these people on moral grounds? Johnson or Patel, who is the bigger bully?

Because in my experience (and this works for both sides BTW) a lot of them can't comprehend that people they align themselves with would think differently, therefore they have to actually be their "opponent". It's the same school of thought which made people say all Remainers were left wing (news to George Osborne) and Brexiters right wing (even more of a shock for George Galloway). Or that if you didn't think Jeremy Corbyn was the second coming of Christ you were a Tory-voter shitting on the poor.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here's a challenge for you Mr Stat.

How many times is the word odious used against Tory politicians versus Labour?

I bet it's massively against the former.
Seems to be a buzzword for Labour supporters :)
Why the fook would I care? :shrug:

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Absolute mess of a politician.

Get Rid.

She's the very epitome of a world where the cabinet is now being appointed not on the basis of skill or talent but on which "side" they represent. That side in this case being the 2016 referendum.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Bigger bully? Patel

Bigger belly? Johnson

Cummings is the bully, Johnson is the pathetic kid, doing whatever he's told by the bully in the hope that he'll get some attention and be made to feel important. Gareth Keenan to Cummings' David Brent if you will.

Priti Patel meanwhile has no soul. Dead behind the eyes. And on top of that minor failing,is also hopelessly incompetent.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Cummings is the bully, Johnson is the pathetic kid, doing whatever he's told by the bully in the hope that he'll get some attention and be made to feel important. Gareth Keenan to Cummings' David Brent if you will.

Priti Patel meanwhile has no soul. Dead behind the eyes. And on top of that minor failing,is also hopelessly incompetent.
This is exactly how I see it. I don't know whether Patel is a bully or not, but I do know she seems to be a truly untrustworthy, incompetent yes-woman.

Depressing times.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I find it difficult to trust someone who constantly looks like they are sucking on a Werthers Original.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Tory Stand Chat, silly me.

Amusing.. 60% of NSC (who expressed a view) voted for Labour/Lib Dem or Green at the last GE, nearly double the Tory vote. This place is so progressively woke it even attracts lefties from Derby, Middlesbrough and Ireland.

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...ection-Thread&highlight=general+election+poll

As for Priti (and she knows it) Patel... she would eat you alive and you'd love every minute of it. :wink:

priti-patel-p-e1571099765404.jpg

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Makes me sick reading a thread so full of blatant misogynistic Hinduaphobia. I shouldn't be surprised really, what with the huge rise of equally sickening left-wing anti-semitism.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Makes me sick reading a thread so full of blatant misogynistic Hinduaphobia. I shouldn't be surprised really, what with the huge rise of equally sickening left-wing anti-semitism.

I was wondering why the Daily Mail was going after her in particular given their support of Johnson and his government. Think you might have partially explained it. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here