Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Priti Patel Thread?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
.... be very careful what you wish for. We are heading for a set of the most sterile, identikit politicians ever over time, be whatever party if you step outside of the considered drone norm you'll be out.

Utter nonsense.

Quite the opposite. The cabinet, and parliament as a whole, has a good sprinkling of very odd, some very nasty, politicians with back-catalogues of criminal / civil / business / sexual misdemeanours, that any one of which would have seen them banished from politics, just a generation ago.

Anything goes now.

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
The great thing about NSC is that we are a very broad church, an eclectic mix of opinions and professions.
In My opinion The current Home Secretary is doing an excellent job, draining the civil service swamp of wet liberals. The shouty woke flakes will get their panties in a bunch but the silent majority appreciates her work.

Draining the swamp
Wet Liberals
Shouty woke flakes
Silent Majority

Any other meaningless cliches you've missed ?

Tories received 43.6 % of the vote on a turnout of 67.3 % which I'm pretty sure is not a majority.
Maybe Brexit Party statisticians could help on that one, they seemed fairly keen to repeat that 52% was a majority.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Why do people assume you have to be on the left to object to these people on moral grounds? Johnson or Patel, who is the bigger bully?

Why do you assume I am Das?..
For your information I am neither Tory or Labour, I have not registered a vote for a political party in a general election since 97.
I just happen to admire the work of the current Home Secretary, she is a breath of fresh air and I hope the racist left does not hound her out..that’s my opinion, sorry..

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
For your information I am neither Tory or Labour, I have not registered a vote for a political party in a general election since 97.
I just happen to admire the work of the current Home Secretary, she is a breath of fresh air and I hope the racist left does not hound her out..that’s my opinion, sorry..

Mate. your avatar kind of gives away your political leanings.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The great thing about NSC is that we are a very broad church, an eclectic mix of opinions and professions.
In My opinion The current Home Secretary is doing an excellent job, draining the civil service swamp of wet liberals. The shouty woke flakes will get their panties in a bunch but the silent majority appreciates her work.

It's almost as if the Home Secretary bullied you into writing this.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Could you imagine Priti Patel and Kaitie Hopkins in a room together, overseen by the odious Piers Morgan. I'd pay to see that!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

:lolol:

Always amusing when the right wing pull out the 'race card' whilst simultaneously accusing the left of being overly virtuous.....

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Why are these still so funny?

They are the most singular one trick of one trick ponies and yet never fail to raise a smile.

Probably will stay funny all the time politicians keep saying stupid things. He might have to retire if Trump doesn't get back in though.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
After her resignation in 2017 as UK international development secretary over her unauthorised meetings with Israeli officials that should have been the end of her career in the ministry.

But this is a post truth, post shame Britain, par for the course

Indeed. The fact that she was not booted out of the party over this is both astonishing and also completely unsurprising in equal measure.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm thinking you don't get to be Home Secrerary without being an absolutely ruthless monster to all those around you

long thought Home Secretary was the crappiest cabinet job, all downsides and very little upside.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It's almost as if the Home Secretary bullied you into writing this.

A lot of men feel uncomfortable being, shall we say guided, by a line manager who happens to be a woman in the work place, many in fact will pull the bully card to dig themselves out of a hole in some instances.

I think the common name attributed to a confident forthright Women in the work place is a “ball breaker”

Can’t bear the phrase myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here