Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Priti Patel Thread?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree with you in the round, but how does the R rate in another country affect the likelihood of visitors from it spreading the virus in the UK?

R is irrelevant. See my rant on another covid thread.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's the explanation they given but apparently but it hasn't come from scientific advice. In fact if you let a load of people from a country with a lower R rate, your infection rate technical goes down.

It's being reported this policy has been cooked up Cummings and Pritel. It's pure populism to make it look we are doing something to keep the foreigners out.

Same stupid people supporting it are the ones who want to know when they can go on holiday.........

It is absolute bollox. It is simply a political decision i.e., an attempt to dog whistle the core support - if they have any left (in addition to the four dimbots who post on here).

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

source.gif

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not a fan of hers but there was something very alluring about the way she delivered that, the lip biting was especially well done. And she did make a very good point, I think racism towards Asian ethnicities is equally as prevalent in the U.K.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I see she's on Marr this morning and coming across better than she has previously I guess it's because she talking about the Covid rules around reopening of England next week means she more at home talking tough coming down on people flouting the rules, is far more within her job remit.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I see she's on Marr this morning and coming across better than she has previously I guess it's because she talking about the Covid rules around reopening of England next week means she more at home talking tough coming down on people flouting the rules, is far more within her job remit.

I don’t think she came across particularly well when she was defending the corruption in the Tory part re Jenrick helping party donor avoid £40m in tax. But maybe that’s just me :shrug:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I don’t think she came across particularly well when she was defending the corruption in the Tory part re Jenrick helping party donor avoid £40m in tax. But maybe that’s just me :shrug:

None of them come across well defending the undefesable, I was only referring to her comments relating of the easing of lockdown

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
None of them come across well defending the undefesable, I was only referring to her comments relating of the easing of lockdown

Yet she still tried... :facepalm:

You are right however, coming down hard on people is kind of in her wheelhouse.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Politician accused of bullying.
Independent Body investigates.
Body finds proof of bullying.
Leader sits on findings for months.
Press forces leader to release findings.
Leader backs politician
Head of independent body resigns
Leader claims findings as 'false news'

Boris-with-Trump-hair-1-1024x580.jpg

What's the problem :shrug:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In any other walk of life her career would be over long ago...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think the mods need to give JC a break for his own good. He’s going pan-thread postal. It’s past amusing now, in fact it’s uncomfortable to witness.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think the mods need to give JC a break for his own good. He’s going pan-thread postal. It’s past amusing now, in fact it’s uncomfortable to witness.

Yeap, strange times..

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Indeed. Huge levels of anger and nonsense. Over and over again. Not taking the piss, I think he needs some help. Or at least just a break from the internet and some fresh air.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here