Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Priti Patel Thread?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Indeed. Huge levels of anger and nonsense. Over and over again. Not taking the piss, I think he needs some help. Or at least just a break from the internet and some fresh air.

I think it’s a genuine collective breakdown with this Brexit / right wing mob. They know they were fooled into voting for disaster. More revelations about how bad Brexit is shaping up to be, the exposition of Tory MP’s and the likes of Cummings as heartless liars. It’s literally driven a few on here a tad loony. Symjym and JC and Sydney et al,
Bonkers conspiracy theories, going on the attack to get themselves banned, Ppf jabbering to himself. A sure sign they have been overwhelmed by the realisation that they got it wrong.

Let us hope a good performance from us this afternoon will bring some relief. For all of us.
Signing out for a few days, I’ve been rather ill and had to rest up for a few days so been on here far too much lately. However I’m up for a beach stroll and radio on for match later.
Take care and enjoy the match.
TC

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I think it’s a genuine collective breakdown with this Brexit / right wing mob. They know they were fooled into voting for disaster. More revelations about how bad Brexit is shaping up to be, the exposition of Tory MP’s and the likes of Cummings as heartless liars. It’s literally driven a few on here a tad loony. Symjym and JC and Sydney et al,
Bonkers conspiracy theories, going on the attack to get themselves banned, Ppf jabbering to himself. A sure sign they have been overwhelmed by the realisation that they got it wrong.

Let us hope a good performance from us this afternoon will bring some relief. For all of us.
Signing out for a few days, I’ve been rather ill and had to rest up for a few days so been on here far too much lately. However I’m up for a beach stroll and radio on for match later.
Take care and enjoy the match.
TC

**** off you senile **** ...ive have never commented on brexit as i don't live in your sadly sliding backwards country any more ......****in din....you just opened another portal , wassa matter , are you lonely , why don't you ask your Zim workmates how they actually managed to get out of the country unlike thousands of white folk .....you really are a whopper mate .

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I came over with a cold sweat on that but i cam confirm we have only 3.5 years to go, that is if the tories don’t do it to him before that
Yes, 3.5 years until the election ( the 1st Thursday in May in the 5th year of government ).

Unless the Fixed Term Parliament Act is ditched - which the Government wants to do - and then the next election can be up to 6 months later with a December 2024 deadline.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I came over with a cold sweat on that but i cam confirm we have only 3.5 years to go, that is if the tories don’t do it to him before that

the 1922 committee won't tolerate bungle for another three and a half years, will they? :lolol::lolol::lolol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
From one shitshow to the next...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/150-000-arrest-records-wiped-in-tech-blunder-krhlf302h

More than 150,000 fingerprint, DNA and arrest history records have been wiped off police databases in a technology blunder, The Times can reveal.

The error may allow offenders to go free because biometric evidence left at crime scenes will not be flagged up on the Police National Computer (PNC).

Crucial intelligence about suspects has also vanished and the software error threw Britain’s visa system into disarray. The processing of applications was suspended for two days.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sir Philip Rutnam has, it seems, won his unfair dismissal claim against the government. Although the case never got to court this paragraph effectively sums up the result......

The Home Office said the government and Sir Philip had "jointly concluded that it is in both parties' best interests to reach a settlement at this stage".

"The government does not accept liability in this matter and it was right that the government defended the case," a spokesperson said.

The BBC understands the former official is receiving a substantial settlement.

So, ferry companies with no ferries, PPE companies with no PPE and and now paying out substantial damages for a case in which the government trumpeted it had no liability.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56281781

franks brother

Sir Philip Rutnam has, it seems, won his unfair dismissal claim against the government. Although the case never got to court this paragraph effectively sums up the result......

The Home Office said the government and Sir Philip had "jointly concluded that it is in both parties' best interests to reach a settlement at this stage".

"The government does not accept liability in this matter and it was right that the government defended the case," a spokesperson said.

The BBC understands the former official is receiving a substantial settlement.

So, ferry companies with no ferries, PPE companies with no PPE and and now paying out substantial damages for a case in which the government trumpeted it had no liability.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56281781

Isn’t this a resigning issue?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

No, not unless it had any connection to the SNP, and is called for by Ruth Davidson MSP ( Con ) ....... Luckily, Ruth Davidson MSP ( Con ) is not Ruth Davidson MP ( Con) or she would be very very busy calling out a series of cabinet colleague's from her party to resign.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

She won’t, obviously, but maybe she should pay the damages herself.

Maybe she and Meghan Markle could get together to write a book on bullying! Patel provides the expertise and the high level experience, Markle the “glamour” and the “name”.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here