Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MASSIVE challenge for Guardiola

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Forget winning away to Real Madrid, Guardiola has a real task on his hands when he takes Man Citeh to Hillsborough this evening in the FA Cup.

Obviously this is City's cup final, possibly the biggest game any of their players will have faced. Somehow a cruel trick of the league tables has prevented Aguero, Silva and the rest from experiencing the atmosphere that only a slightly run-down stadium in a suburb of north Sheffield can generate until now. But I'm confident it is something that they will remember for the rest of their week. Sorry, their lives.

Any thoughts on how De Bruyne, Sterling and the rest will cope?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As they travel down the banks of the River Don, past Lakey News and see the awe inspiring training ground on the left, their souls will tremble at coming prospects. And once in, and the lighter show begins, they'll wish themselves to Anfield, or the Bernabeu, anywhere for calmer seas.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Watching the plucky oil billionaires taking on the second biggest club in Sheffield tonight I was amused to hear the Hillsborough Massive singing 'Where were you when you were sh*t?' at Man City fans.

Man City averaged 28,273 when they played the 1999 season in the third tier. In 1993 Sheffield Wednesday finished 7th in the Premier League and reached both the League and FA Cup finals and averaged 1009 less than this. Wednesday have had an average attendance larger than City's third tier attendance in two seasons out of the last 50.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Are Wednesday still playing crowd noises over the PA? They were when I went there in the 90s.

On a more up to date basis, what about the pioneering mobile phone light shows, I wonder if are they still going?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here