Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Best pies in Sussex?

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
The Family and I pass Turners Pies in Rustington on way to and from the AMEX so stopped in on our way home on Saturday. A fine pie shop and no mistake. Got me to thinking where does the best pies in Sussex?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Capture.JPG

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
The Family and I pass Turners Pies in Rustington on way to and from the AMEX so stopped in on our way home on Saturday. A fine pie shop and no mistake. Got me to thinking where does the best pies in Sussex?

ME, it's ME! Chicken and Sweet Potato with a Smoked Goodweald pastry going on the specials board tomorrow!

Admittedly Turner's are very good....

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham

Oooooh, Have to say as much as I LOVE a Scotch Pie I don't the Gregg's ones are not the best, that said I doubt anywhere else does them in Sussex. They used to do them in Morrison's but alas no longer. I spotted them in a Pie shop in the Shambles in York when I was up for the Sheffield UTD game but was stuffed after lunch.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Picked up a selection of Turners pies from their shop at Broadwayer yesterday to give them a try. Usually opt for Hutchings at Partridge Green - their sausages are just out of this world. Highly recommended if you are out Henfield way.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Sounds Nice, where can your pies be purchased?

We are The Boathouse restaurant , in Littlehampton Marina, and I kid you not, today's special was a Beef Scotch Pie. Only 2 left though, so I'll either freeze them or it's tomorrow's supper. Come and say hello, there's even Albion tat hanging on the walls!

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Oooooh, Have to say as much as I LOVE a Scotch Pie I don't the Gregg's ones are not the best, that said I doubt anywhere else does them in Sussex. They used to do them in Morrison's but alas no longer. I spotted them in a Pie shop in the Shambles in York when I was up for the Sheffield UTD game but was stuffed after lunch.

I bought 2 in Morrisons Eastbourne last week on the hot counter .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Picked up a selection of Turners pies from their shop at Broadwayer yesterday to give them a try. Usually opt for Hutchings at Partridge Green - their sausages are just out of this world. Highly recommended if you are out Henfield way.

Just had a single steak and kidney for tea - marvellous! Pastry light, filling full of lean chunks of meat with a nice gravy. Well recommended. Not cheap but worth it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
There are threads when we will miss BG completely and this is one of them !!!!!

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

Greggs scotch pies are utter shit, whether they are sold in Sussex or any other county in England.

Personal opinion obviously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here