Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] McDonald and Dodds

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone watch the first part of this two episode series?

What did you make of it? I really enjoyed it and found it quite a change from the usual TV detective programmes.

In fact I’d recommend it to anyone who enjoys easy watch detective programmes with a bit of dry humour.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just me then, ignore my recommendation to watch it, to avoid disappointment. :lolol:

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I thought it was absolute rubbish. Have cancelled the series link and have asked ITV to refund the 2 hours of my life that they stole.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought it was absolute rubbish. Have cancelled the series link and have asked ITV to refund the 2 hours of my life that they stole.

Ah, now I realise why this entire thread had whooshed me. ??? :lolol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I watched it. It wasn’t great, probably an hour and a half too long. It’d do better as a half hour Father Brown/Shakespeare and Hathaway type daytime telly space filler.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Watched it last night and quite enjoyed it by the last half hour when it hit it's stride. The stereotypes were so heavily overdone that the story struggled somewhat around the character building. It could have been done a lot more subtly and effectively but everything about the two main characters had to be spelled out in capitals in case we missed it. Luckily Robert Lindsey put in a decent turn with his best Hugh Grant impression. Now that's done, hopefully episode 2 will flow better.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
For anyone that enjoyed it, look up the Mallorca Files on BBC.
Me? Wasted 1.5 hours (download so fast forward ads) but still watched till the end. Multi link stopped.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here