Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Trip To Greece - Sky One 22:00hrs

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Coogan and Brydon return for another gastronomic trip round Greece, already available to download from Sky One but starts tonight at 22:00 hrs.

Should be good.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm really looking forward to this and in preparation I've been re-watching The Trip To Spain over the last couple of nights.

It will be a test to see if Coogan and Brydon can keep the comedy fresh.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm really looking forward to this and in preparation I've been re-watching The Trip To Spain over the last couple of nights.

It will be a test to see if Coogan and Brydon can keep the comedy fresh.

Extremely good call, will watch the Spain one again first as a warm up

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If it is half as good as Julia bradbury’s Greek Odyssey then it will be great

Julia’s programme was absolutely brilliant.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

So much so that me and the missus have decided to head to Corfu next Easter when our youngest goes off to Cape Town on his cricket tour. Loved her series, plus we loved The Durrells (& Jerry's books) so makes sense to get there at least once!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Ironic that, given Julia Bradbury was named by Alan Partridge as his dream dinner date.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
So much so that me and the missus have decided to head to Corfu next Easter when our youngest goes off to Cape Town on his cricket tour. Loved her series, plus we loved The Durrells (& Jerry's books) so makes sense to get there at least once!

I adore Greece, been there many times to lots of different islands and even spent 7 months there a long time ago on the Cyclades.
I went to Corfu last May, nice island but the whole Durrell's thing is disappointing, their actual house is now restaurant, the house used in the Corfu scenes is not the actual house and the inside scenes were filmed at Ealing Studios.
Would still go though but be careful the weather in that part of Greece before June can be cloudy with some rain, that is why The Ionian Islands are very green.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

If you want we can recommend a fabulous hotel Atlanticas Gand Mediterraneo. It’s a TUI adult only hotel in a place called Ermones. Other side of the island to Corfu town.

One of the best hotels we have ever stayed at.

Upgrade to all inclusive..not ridiculously expensive. Rooms are all blocks up the side of a hill. The beach is superb and if you have never done TUI Sensimar Hotels, I 100% recommend them. You won’t be disappointed.

To get from the rooms up to the restaurant and pools, there are a fleet of golf buggy’s hammering around...great fun after a few bottles of wine.

Www.tui.co.uk. Type in Corfu TUI blue atlantica grand mediterraneo resort.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
If you want we can recommend a fabulous hotel Atlanticas Gand Mediterraneo. It’s a TUI adult only hotel in a place called Ermones. Other side of the island to Corfu town.

One of the best hotels we have ever stayed at.

Upgrade to all inclusive..not ridiculously expensive. Rooms are all blocks up the side of a hill. The beach is superb and if you have never done TUI Sensimar Hotels, I 100% recommend them. You won’t be disappointed.

To get from the rooms up to the restaurant and pools, there are a fleet of golf buggy’s hammering around...great fun after a few bottles of wine.

Www.tui.co.uk. Type in Corfu TUI blue atlantica grand mediterraneo resort.

Thank you - will keep it in mind when we come to deciding where and what to do!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I adore Greece, been there many times to lots of different islands and even spent 7 months there a long time ago on the Cyclades.
I went to Corfu last May, nice island but the whole Durrell's thing is disappointing, their actual house is now restaurant, the house used in the Corfu scenes is not the actual house and the inside scenes were filmed at Ealing Studios.
Would still go though but be careful the weather in that part of Greece before June can be cloudy with some rain, that is why The Ionian Islands are very green.

I kinda guessed that the whole Durrells experience wouldn't be that great because it was all so long ago.....shame really. The restaurant I knew about, and the TV house - but its more the island that we would love to see and explore as it always looks so beautiful on screen. I've always wanted to just sit and read My Family and other Animals out there in a secluded spot in the sunshine ever since I first read it at school. My wife also has a personal interest as she and her family used to visit Jerry at Jersey Zoo every summer and go to his house for tea while he told her stories from his childhood, so she would love to see where he grew up.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I kinda guessed that the whole Durrells experience wouldn't be that great because it was all so long ago.....shame really. The restaurant I knew about, and the TV house - but its more the island that we would love to see and explore as it always looks so beautiful on screen. I've always wanted to just sit and read My Family and other Animals out there in a secluded spot in the sunshine ever since I first read it at school. My wife also has a personal interest as she and her family used to visit Jerry at Jersey Zoo every summer and go to his house for tea while he told her stories from his childhood, so she would love to see where he grew up.

We love Corfu and I would quite happily retire there, just cant convince Mrs HS yet.
We also loved the Durrells, but that is just television, the Corfiet people, the food and the scenery and views are to die for.
Hire a car, tour the island, it is small enough to go from one end to the other or break it up and visit different areas.
The old deserted village of Perithia up in the mountains where Rick Stein had lunch in a wonderful taverna is superb, The veiw across to Albania from
the top of Pantokratour is stunning, and spend a day wandering around the alleysand shops of Venetian built Corfu Town
It is a jewel of an island.Sandy beaches to North and West coasts, also far South but more of a young clubbing area. Classy East coast, Kensington on Sea but more shingle,

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Then you won't be disappointed, I thought it was a lovely island.
Made a nice change from the other more baron islands and Greek architecture.
Up in the mountains was great, fabulous beaches, loads of history, liked the Venetian architecture, Corfu has an identity all of its own.
Have a nice time.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Finished this tonight, I feel that this series was a lot more subdued.

Usual high points, but you certainly get the impression Coogan saw the end of the road.

Good telly though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here