Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] US soccer team to wear different shirt each week - and each match has a theme

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
If we did it, at least it would solve the problem we have every year of whether it should be thin stripes, big stripes, solid blue, collars, no collars, back panel, no back panel, etc.
Just a different "how difficult is it to do a blue and white striped shirt" every week to please everyone....:whistle:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can you imagine the moaning if the Albion had an 11 o'clock kick-off? You'd be able to power the National Grid with the amount of rage

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I've long been thinking that to maximise revenue the club don't change the shirt design nearly often enough. I think we should have a new shirt design for each season - so that'll be new shirts for Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring. Twelve different shirts (home, away and change) for people to buy, sorry, collect. Just think, the excitement of a new kit launch four times a year!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I've long been thinking that to maximise revenue the club don't change the shirt design nearly often enough. I think we should have a new shirt design for each season - so that'll be new shirts for Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring. Twelve different shirts (home, away and change) for people to buy, sorry, collect. Just think, the excitement of a new kit launch four times a year!

We could also follow the NFL by doing a "colour rush" kit! :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The sheer number of exclamation marks pouring out of that press release has made one of my ears bleed.

Horrible idea. How is a club supposed to build an identity without having a defined set of colours for a home kit ? They could be anyone. That said, the way they routinely franchise clubs all over the country greatly reduces that sense of identity from the outset.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Absolutely typical

We identify that the clothing industry is one of the major contributories to ''Global Warming'' and the Americans come up with this hair brained idea. All the rich Film Stars banging on about Global Warming during their Oscar's Acceptance Speeches whilst buying their kids 12 Football shirts per year

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Palace played the 1999-2000 season with a different shirt sponsor each month, due to the fact they failed to sign a sponsor for the entire season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Palace played the 1999-2000 season with a different shirt sponsor each month, due to the fact they failed to sign a sponsor for the entire season.

Nobody wanted to associate themselves with that shitshow for longer than a game.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
By coincidence, I've just been reading an article about the abolition of time zones. The proposal is that it would be the same time anywhere in the world - so, 11.00 PM in the UK would be 11 PM in Australia and the US too. Business hours would change accordingly,

So, an 11 o'clock kick-off may not be so fanciful after all

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here