Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Replacing the hand shake - preferred options

What should replace the handshake?

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So the traditional handshake needs to go. In bacterial terms, it is an obscene transfer of germs and infection that has to be stopped. So what should replace this age old social convention?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
A quick thrust of the hips in the direction of the other person. No contact, but signals a level of respect. I've been doing it for years.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A raised hand in greeting. Generally, I can't be bothered to lift all my fingers; one is normally all I can run to.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A quick thrust of the hips in the direction of the other person. No contact, but signals a level of respect. I've been doing it for years.

I can see multiple law suits and sexual assault cases arising out of that one. I'm picturing Lord Flashheart...

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So the traditional handshake needs to go. In bacterial terms, it is an obscene transfer of germs and infection that has to be stopped. So what should replace this age old social convention?

Simply not true. Hygiene expert on R4 this morning said as long as you wash your hands regularly it’s no risk.
To be honest, it was a tonic to hear some sensible advice without all the hysteria and talk of shutting cities down.
Wash your hands, cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough, keep clean, use anti bac. No need to panic or stop touching people. Or indeed, Shaking hands.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here