Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can We Stop The Blame Game

el punal

Right, it’s three days since we played and lost to the :shit: . Many of us have our opinions on how, when and where it went wrong not only during the game but in the weeks preceding. What’s done is done but hell’s bells the number of threads on here castigating anything and anybody in the club is getting a bit tiresome.

It’s now time to get behind the team and put our differences, and opinions, aside. I know it’s hard to be positive at the moment, I too felt utterly depressed after Saturday’s game but it really is time to move on. It’s not going to be easy but they are our team and now is the time they need us to be with and not against them.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Right, it’s three days since we played and lost to the :shit: . Many of us have our opinions on how, when and where it went wrong not only during the game but in the weeks preceding. What’s done is done but hell’s bells the number of threads on here castigating anything and anybody in the club is getting a bit tiresome.

It’s now time to get behind the team and put our differences, and opinions, aside. I know it’s hard to be positive at the moment, I too felt utterly depressed after Saturday’s game but it really is time to move on. It’s not going to be easy but they are our team and now is the time they need us to be with and not against them.

This. The way we're talking it's almost like a done deal. I'm still optimistic and that won't change. We're capable of beating any team. Ok - so confidence ain't high, but that can change very quickly.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Spot on. This is the time to get behind the team and, more broadly, the club -- which, incidentally, has Tony Bloom at the helm. This is a forum for people to offer their opinions but, truth be told, we all have a partial or limited overview of the multiple factors involved in running a club/team, and we'd do all the better if we recognised that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Many of us have our opinions on how, when and where it went wrong not only during the game but in the weeks preceding. What’s done is done but hell’s bells the number of threads on here castigating anything and anybody in the club is getting a bit tiresome.
Most of the posts that have got my attention have been blaming someone somewhere, and I don't really share any of those opinions, so I've just not bothered posting my thoughts. Bored of all the negativity.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

You got the email too, to be more positive than normal :D

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're new here, aren't you?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
If you had told any of those few thousand heroic Withdean stalwarts, watching fourth division football while drenched to the skin in plastic ponchos, that their main concern in a couple of decades would be whether an Albion squad containing several £20 million footballers would cling on to a fourth season in the £150 million a year Premier League, they would be laughing in your face. And if you said they'd be among a 30,000 crowd, in an incredible £125 million stadium, with a huge £30 million training ground in Lancing, all paid for by their billionaire chairman, they'd be calling for the men in white coats.

Yes, this kind of thing has been said before. But we all need to retain some perspective, stop acting like entitled children, and see this for what it is: we are all privileged to be participating in the very best of times, in an Albion history that stretches over 119 years. Revel in it, sit back, and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's all thoroughly depressing now.

I can't see us getting another win this season, or if we do it'll be too little too late.

Desperately need to win one of the next four games - but it doesn't look likely.

Now it's time to avoid NSGloom until we eventually do get that win :nono:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We get behind the team full house every home game spend fortunes is to much to ask for one of our players not to miss from a yard out? The only job in the world where you make a bollocks shrug and move on with out any reprisals, Oh and pick up a huge wage packet at the end of the week.

We have won a pathetic amount of times over the last three seasons. But carry on rallying the happy clappers :shrug:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We get behind the team full house every home game spend fortunes is to much to ask for one of our players not to miss from a yard out? The only job in the world where you make a bollocks shrug and move on with out any reprisals, Oh and pick up a huge wage packet at the end of the week.

We have won a pathetic amount of times over the last three seasons. But carry on rallying the happy clappers :shrug:

I see you joined this board in 2012. Perhaps you didn’t suffer the Withdean years and before

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'd forgotten all about it.

I blame the OP.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Most of the posts that have got my attention have been blaming someone somewhere, and I don't really share any of those opinions, so I've just not bothered posting my thoughts. Bored of all the negativity.

Me too.

(We are f***ed though.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here