Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton pubs showing 3pm KO games?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Just wondering- do any pubs in Brighton show Albion games that KO 3pm on Saturdays? I know a few used to back in the day, I think using foreign broadcast feeds..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think the Albion “Stasi” make sure that doesn’t happen. Pub vs The Albion legal battle, I know who I’d back.

I imagine they’d be on it by half-time, they have spies everywhere :wink:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think the Albion “Stasi” make sure that doesn’t happen. Pub vs The Albion legal battle, I know who I’d back.

I imagine they’d be on it by half-time, they have spies everywhere :wink:
Surely that’s a PL image right matter and not the clubs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surely that’s a PL image right matter and not the clubs.

You are probably right but I suggest the Albion police it in Sussex, my post was a bit tongue in cheek btw

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With at least one place in Worthing showing all Albion games, it strikes me as unlikely that there's nowhere within Brighton or Hoe.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I knew of one but they had new owners a couple of years back, so probably not doing it anymore.

Anyway, the surest way to get one of these valuable resources shut down is to name them on NSC :facepalm:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I knew of one but they had new owners a couple of years back, so probably not doing it anymore.

Anyway, the surest way to get one of these valuable resources shut down is to name them on NSC :facepalm:

Agree- abort thread. PMs welcome [emoji51]

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
With at least one place in Worthing showing all Albion games, it strikes me as unlikely that there's nowhere within Brighton or Hoe.

Assuming the same place, the pub in question has quite openly been showing 3pm games for years. They even have a sandwich board outside advertising which games - or they used to. I've no idea of the exact legalities, but I'm 'assuming' they have found a legal loophole, else surely they would have been busted long ago? There was certainly another pub along Kingsway in Hove showing Saturday 3pm games. Whether they still do, no idea.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Assuming the same place, the pub in question has quite openly been showing 3pm games for years. They even have a sandwich board outside advertising which games - or they used to. I've no idea of the exact legalities, but I'm 'assuming' they have found a legal loophole, else surely they would have been busted long ago? There was certainly another pub along Kingsway in Hove showing Saturday 3pm games. Whether they still do, no idea.

A legal "loophole" might be that they have got a valid ESPN subscription and are using a VPN. The issue would then be between the pub and ESPN for accessing the service outside the area permitted in the agreement.

Usually when pubs get done it's for showing dodgy streams or not having the correct Sky sub.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here