Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What are they wurf?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
So if we drop into the Championship I'd expect a few of our 'Premier League' players will be off. But for how much?

Dunk - 25m?
White - 25m?
Proper - 15m?
Mac Allister - loan again?
Ryan - 10m?
Montoya - 0
Gross - 5m

Who knows!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
So if we drop into the Championship I'd expect a few of our 'Premier League' players will be off. But for how much?

Dunk - 25m?
White - 25m?
Proper - 15m?
Ryan - 10m?
Montoya - 0
Gross - 5m

Who knows!

We'll get loads less if we drop, as we're selling from a weaker bargaining position

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Dunk - 25m?
White - 25m?
Proper - 15m?
Ryan - 10m?
Montoya - 0
Gross - 5m

Who knows!

Looks like Montoya is officially this week’s scapegoat despite keeping Mr Tumble quiet

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007

Dunk - 25m?
White - 25m?
Proper - 15m?
Ryan - 10m?
Montoya - 0
Gross - 5m

Who knows!

White and Propper will go to whoever is promoted - probably Leeds.

I can't see anyone coming in for any others, or if clubs do come in, then the above two are the only ones that I can see forcing a move. E.g. would Dunk go to a promoted club (which is probably his standard in all honesty) if his salary here remains unaffected?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He didn’t. Propper etc gave him constant close support and it was needed. Wise by GP against a game changer.

So Propper did Montoya’s job as well as his own and Montoya can take no credit for keeping the best player in the world very quiet? I know he was switching a lot but Zaha got little joy. It was the same for 75 minutes at Selhurst when Montoya also played.

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
White and Propper will go to whoever is promoted - probably Leeds.

I can't see anyone coming in for any others, or if clubs do come in, then the above two are the only ones that I can see forcing a move. E.g. would Dunk go to a promoted club (which is probably his standard in all honesty) if his salary here remains unaffected?

If we do go down, we should stand firm and refuse to sell Ben White to any Premier League club (bar top 6 side). If we must do something then loan to Leeds (or another Prem club) for a season and hope we come straight back up and then take him back.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So Propper did Montoya’s job as well as his own and Montoya can take no credit for keeping the best player in the world very quiet? I know he was switching a lot but Zaha got little joy. It was the same for 75 minutes at Selhurst when Montoya also played.

Propper was sucked in to help him, as were others. Yes, midfielders can carry out more than one duty, it’s their raison d’etre.

Look at the player ratings thread, mainly 4, 5 and 6 for MM, with a rogue 6 and 7. Why not 9’s if he single handedly nullified the threat of the PL dangerman Zaha.

At Selhurst he did well up to then, but the PL is brutal, lapses punished. MM couldn’t keep it up for 90.

The consensus of most NSC’ers appears always that RB is our achilles heel, that we must upgrade.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Propper was sucked in to help him, as were others. Yes, midfielders can carry out more than one duty, it’s their raison d’etre.

Look at the player ratings thread, mainly 4, 5 and 6 for MM, with a rogue 6 and 7. Why not 9’s if he single handedly nullified the threat of the PL dangerman Zaha.

At Selhurst he did well up to then, but the PL is brutal, lapses punished. MM couldn’t keep it up for 90.

The consensus of most NSC’ers appears always that RB is our achilles heel, that we must upgrade.

Hardly unusual to double up on a danger man, but Propper wasn’t doing his job for him. Everyone got shit ratings - we lost. Potter trusted him over Lamptey, the Greyhound and Alzate so he must see something you don’t. I know who’s judgement I trust.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hardly unusual to double up on a danger man, but Propper wasn’t doing his job for him. Everyone got shit ratings - we lost. Potter trusted him over Lamptey, the Greyhound and Alzate so he must see something you don’t. I know who’s judgement I trust.

The same Potter who recently dropped Montoya, as Hughton did after defensive shockers this time last year.

Why is he dropped if he’s such a great right back?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The same Potter who recently dropped Montoya, as Hughton did after defensive shockers this time last year.

Why is Bernado dropped? Duffy? Webster? Burn? How about the Greyhound? Maupay? Murray? Trossard? What about March, Alzate, Connolly and Gross? Jahanbaksh? Stephens? Mooy?

Answer - it’s rotation and selection for specific opponents.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why is Bernado dropped? Duffy? Webster? Burn? How about the Greyhound? Maupay? Murray? Trossard? What about March, Alzate, Connolly and Gross? Jahanbaksh? Stephens? Mooy?

Quality FB’s such as Bruno retain their place. Clubs do not keep rotating FB’s, it’s normal thinking that a settled back 5 including the goalie is a key component of a successful team.

RB has obviously been a concern for CH and GP. Hopefully Lamptey is ready soon, and perhaps we’ll be looking at a signing in the summer if we stay up.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

From what I remember it was said some time in January that Montoya has been struggling with a bad groin for almost all season and cant play all games / minutes.

Not sure he would have played a lot more anyhow, I dont think Potter consider right back the teams strongest position.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019

I am not expecting Wolves to change 3 or 4 players just for us or any of the other teams we got coming up. I have not got the stats to prove it but most teams put there regular players in unless there is injuries .They bring on subs to change things in the game .It is proven not to work for us anyway . We also change tactics change of formation a lot .

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
To return to the original question, I presume Propper would go back to Holland for about £10m. Trossard and Jahanbakhsh will also end up back somewhere in northern Europe for about half what we paid. Dunk to Chelsea for £35m, Duffy to West Brom on loan with a view to a permanent deal, Ryan and Mooy to Germany for a couple of million each. White to the highest bidder. Izquierdo will retire. Mac Allister will go back to Boca on loan, this time with an option to buy if we don't go straight back up. Montoya back to a lower-half team in La Liga for a couple of mill. Button and Steele will go on frees. Bissouma on loan to somewhere in France.

That will leave us with Walton in goal, Schelotto at right back, any two of Webster, Burn and Roberts in the centre and Bernardo on the left. Alzate and Stephens in centre midfield, Lamptey and March wide, Molumby and Gross battling for the number ten role and Connolly and Maupay still failing to keep Murray out of the side. Probably.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That will leave us with Walton in goal, Schelotto at right back, any two of Webster, Burn and Roberts in the centre and Bernardo on the left. Alzate and Stephens in centre midfield, Lamptey and March wide, Molumby and Gross battling for the number ten role and Connolly and Maupay still failing to keep Murray out of the side. Probably.
Cracking side that.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Dunk is the only definite departure, and there will probably be 3-4 clubs biding to sign him, so he should fetch around 25-30m. Propper will probably also go if we get relegated, but can you seriously see any PL level clubs being interested in many of the rest of our squad based on this season and last?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here