Here is the latest relegation chances as calculated by European Club Index:

ECIreleg2020.jpg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Here is the latest relegation chances as calculated by European Club Index:

ECIreleg2020.jpg

That look way too reactive after one weekends results to me. Watford as still as likely as not and West Ham are still right in the shtuck

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The betting markets still think Wham will go down, and I agree.

West Ham have got the players capable of pulling off shock victories against teams better than them, sadly we don't have the players capable of pulling off wins against teams around us or below us.

How many of us honestly think we will beat Norwich at the moment.....

We should.... but sadly.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
On current form we are nailed on to go down. :down:

Fecking annoying as we have seldom been outplayed this season in comparison to the other relegation strugglers

Of course we could spring some surprises but it will need some luck and strikers taking the opportunities they fluff just about every game.

Everything could change with a win against Wolves. Don’t see it myself

It’s going to be a nail biting finale and we will be relying on our relegation rivals not hitting any sustained form

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I've been erring on the side of optimism during Jan/Feb, but Saturday's defeat felt like Tyson Fury flooring me. For me, that was the result where I have resigned myself to the drop. Hope I'm wrong of course!

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The betting markets still think Wham will go down, and I agree.

Must be tough for the lad Ridgeley now it's just him.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I've been erring on the side of optimism during Jan/Feb, but Saturday's defeat felt like Tyson Fury flooring me. For me, that was the result where I have resigned myself to the drop. Hope I'm wrong of course!

This. Walking out of there felt like walking out of the Burnley game the year we nearly went up, it just felt like we'd blown our big chance.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Fecking annoying as we have seldom been outplayed this season in comparison to the other relegation strugglers

Of course we could spring some surprises but it will need some luck and strikers taking the opportunities they fluff just about every game.

It’s going to be a nail biting finale and we will be relying on our relegation rivals not hitting any sustained form

They don't need to hit sustained form. For example; WLLWLLWLLD will probably any contender safe, bar Norwich.

Hopefully us!

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

As the pressure increases, and games become must-wins, I fear that our strikers will become even more nervous and even less likley to score.

Last season, there were three teams below us who were either even worse, or in Cardiff's case, began to recover just a little too late to catch up, although they only finished 2 points behind us; if the Sala tragedy had not occurred, he might well have scored several goals for Cardiff, and they would have overtaken us and pushed into the third relegation place.

This year, Norwich, Watford and West Ham have just won their last game, which will boost their confidence; if Watford and West Ham win their next game and we lose or draw our's, they will climb above us.

Given that: GP keeps chopping and changing the side so the players can't develop a 'rapport'; our strikers lack either the necessary ruthlessness or confidence in front of goal; we seem to start games on the back-foot and allow the opposition to peg us back until we go a goal down; the pressure on our players is going to increase with every game we play (are they mentally strong enough to cope?), I really can't see us winning any of our final 10 games.

I so hope I'm wrong, and we can stay up, but I reckon we'll scrape 4 more draws this season, and that'll be it; a final tally 32 points will be nowehere near enough to stay up.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Christ on a bike, I've never known people to be so "sure" we'll go down. We have a chance of going down, as do six other teams, Norwich look certs, Villa are struggling and Bournemouth can't buy a point at the moment. We're not in super form but we are picking up draws which will keep us safe ... ish!

#together #keepthefaith

On current form we are certainties for the drop and as much as I am like everyone else desperate for us to stay up after Saturday I really believe the writing is on the wall. I have seen us play some of the best football ever this season at times yet here we are winless so far this year and although it would not surprise me if we won 5 or 6 of our last ten it would also not surprise me if we don't win any of them. We haven't won when we've played teams off the park and through lack of confidence lack of luck and just as important lack of premier league experience (manager wise) it just feels that our destiny is back to the championship and Tony Bloom's gamble with Mr Potter will backfire. The pundits/media who said be careful what you wish for maybe will be proved right!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Tending towards this myself too now but will keep hoping until it's mathematically gone (could well be the last game of the season the way things are looking).....no single factor for me (I'm not in the 'Potter' out camp and I think we'd be in the same, or even worse position if we hadn't changed), it's a combination of recruitment (or lack of), tactics and players not doing enough.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here