Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] STH. Changing stands, taking my lad in future.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Thought it would be simple to change seats & also get my lad added on to start coming next season.
Anything but it seems. Need to get him an Albion+ membership for £18, then hope a seat for him will become available, which is doubtful as there’s a waiting list. The membership is only good for this season; have to buy another membership for next season.
Bit different than crawling under the chicken run turnstile down Goldstone Lane.
He’ll be 4 next season, so need to start the indoctrination soon.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thought it would be simple to change seats & also get my lad added on to start coming next season.
Anything but it seems. Need to get him an Albion+ membership for £18, then hope a seat for him will become available, which is doubtful as there’s a waiting list. The membership is only good for this season; have to buy another membership for next season.
Bit different than crawling under the chicken run turnstile down Goldstone Lane.

4 is still very young to be going to every game. Probably far better off getting a ticket for the odd game, then seeing how he likes it as he gets older. You can always buy a pair of seats in the Family Stand for games and transfer your ST seat across.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

When will you find out if a seat is available?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My son's first game was when he was 5 and he can't remember it. It was the only one he went to that season. From there I moved on to taking him to odd games when my mate couldn't go - probably once or twice a season. He finally got a ST when he was 8, when we moved en masse so that nine of us could sit together. That was the end of the Garcia season so his first ST experience was Hyypia! :lol: . Obviously that meant there was no waiting list.

Despite this the indoctrination has gone so well that he was a lot more miffed that I was on Saturday - and I was not a happy bunny to say the least.

I'd agree with Bold. Get him on the waiting list (you can always say no if one comes up you don't like) but take him to odd games till he gets used to it. If your Mrs gives you grief, well, there's a waiting list isn't there?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

Admire your desire but 4 years old is way too young to take a child regularly to the Amex, they won’t concentrate and it will be difficult for you. From my experience 8 years is a sensible age to start. At least they want to watch the whole game and are motivated. 4 is with respect not sensible and dare I say silly

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Did 4-year-olds do that?!

As others have said, 4 is too young. 7 or 8 probably about right.

The good news is, we'll probably be in The Championship between then and now, and that will kill the waiting list.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Waiting list will disappear if we go down, first time we have had a relegation for 15 years (I think) and this will cause many to lose interest

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You work away, don't you Smudge? So why not just take him to occasional games, and put him on the waiting list?

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
There are too many no shows and particularly ghost seats where the club should invoke a Man Utd three strikes and you are out rule to free up seats for people on the waiting list

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are too many no shows and particularly ghost seats where the club should invoke a Man Utd three strikes and you are out rule to free up seats for people on the waiting list

I had an operation in September and didn't make four games. I made sure my seat (and my other half's) were put on the ticket exchange, each time.
You have no idea of fan's circumstances or why they are no shows.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Admire your desire but 4 years old is way too young to take a child regularly to the Amex, they won’t concentrate and it will be difficult for you. From my experience 8 years is a sensible age to start. At least they want to watch the whole game and are motivated. 4 is with respect not sensible and dare I say silly

Disagree. It's never too early to take your young 'un to games. They learn most of what's important before they are 5. Even if they struggle to follow the game, appear to be bored and more interested in the snacks and drinks on offer, the whole experience seeps into their soul - the roar when we score, the excitement it engenders in you and the bonding you have is priceless.

My missus and I went to Old Trafford in '93 2 months before our eldest was born. The next time he went there he was 24. I took him to a game in the last season at the Goldstone just so he could say he'd been - he was 3. When we came from behind to win and I got a bit over-excited, he burst into tears! But he realised it mattered.

I took my youngest in a papoose to Barnet on a freezing December day when he was 3 months. He kept me warm. He came with his 2 brothers to Cardiff for the playoff final, and fell asleep in the sun, but woke up for that glorious penalty. His cousins are still jealous they missed out.

All 3 of ours remain dedicated fans and travel from up north and London respectively to matches on a regular basis.

Go for it.

PG

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
All kids are different; some love it from an early age, others have ants in their pants during matches. Only way you'll know is by taking him!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I personally think the kids of long term season ticket holders should be at the top of the list, but then what do I know.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I personally think the kids of long term season ticket holders should be at the top of the list, but then what do I know.

I would be in favour of ALL under 16s going to the top of the waiting list. We need to encourage more youngsters to become committed fans - ‘wrinklies’ like me outnumber youngsters by far too much.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Rather than start a new thread.

Can someone tell me the supporter services number please that replaces the 0844 327 1901 and thus avoids paying a premium to phone? It was posted on here before but I cant find it, nor can I see it on the club website. Is it as simple as swapping the 8 for a 3?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here