Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facial Recognition

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Going in to WSU there were signs and the stewards also asked everyone to remove hats because there was facial recognition technology being used. I imagine that this happened at all turnstiles to the ground.
I asked a steward what it was for and he said that some folks who had been banned had continued to attend games. This didn't seem a very likely rationale to me.

Has anyone seen anything from the club on this, or have any idea what it was all about ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I also noticed the police were stood on the station footbridge with what looked like some sort of sophisticated camera gear so might have been doing something similar there.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There were no different cameras over the entrance at WSU so it is bit of a lie I think. They just wanted the normal CCTV to have a clear shot of everyone

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Maybe just a one-off for the Palace game to make sure no know “faces” got in on someone else’s ticket.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe just a one-off for the Palace game to make sure no know “faces” got in on someone else’s ticket.

How can a computer tell one middle-aged bald podgy and pasty faced supporter from another?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
How can a computer tell one middle-aged bald podgy and pasty faced supporter from another?

I imagine the stewards can, which is most likely what was happening here. And maybe getting clear mugshots for the CCTV as a backup.

D

Deleted member 2719

I also noticed the police were stood on the station footbridge with what looked like some sort of sophisticated camera gear so might have been doing something similar there.

It's ironic, if I stood on a bridge with some binoculars they would bang me up.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Wouldn’t happen in league 1. Just grateful someone turned up. My mate was banned for a while in league 1 and never missed a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here