Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Amex "atmosphere"

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Oh goody yet another thread on the atmosphere.

At this rate we will be calling the Arsenal game, the library classico.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
7 league wins (5 at home) since January 2019. No ground (this country at least) would be buzzing with those kind of stats. In fact a lot would be much worse.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Sadly, the team is just not set up (or able) to score goals and entertain its fans, so the lack of any sort of positive atmosphere doesn't surprise me. What else could one reasonably expect in the circumstances? It's not as if we've had much to get excited about for a long while now. I really wish it was otherwise.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
How we are;
Potterball 1.jpg

How people who whinge about the atmosphere expect us to be;
Potterball 2.jpg

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
7 league wins (5 at home) since January 2019. No ground (this country at least) would be buzzing with those kind of stats. In fact a lot would be much worse.

According to a lot of people on here we play attractive football so winning that few games shouldn't be to blame.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
What atmosphere! We were a complete embarrassment yesterday- out sung the whole game by Palarse

I'm at the south end of west upper and this must be selective hearing (maybe on my part) but I honestly didn't notice them until they scored.

I’m guessing it’s an acoustic thing as the North Stand yesterday was noisy throughout and we only really heard Palarse after the goal.

On tv they were heard a couple of times when chants were being exchanged but our fans were heard more as can be expected as the home team until they scored.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Genuinely puzzled by this. I thought the atmosphere yesterday was excellent.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Genuinely puzzled by this. I thought the atmosphere yesterday was excellent.

It was better the day before :wink:

Atmosphere was fine, noise doesn’t travel well. From the South you can tell the North are making noise, you just rarely hear it. Big burst of noise from the West second half. All good.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The atmosphere was rubbish when compared to our first palace games at the amex. Even the away fans were quiet until they scored.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What atmosphere! We were a complete embarrassment yesterday- out sung the whole game by Palarse

Can't agree mate, my take from ESU. Not much singing from either group of fans until we started to look more attacking in the 2nd half and Palace were loud once they'd scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here