Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] PL table compared to match week 28 last season

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[Subject to 2 fixtures still to play].

We actually have an extra point! As a wetter, giving me some hope.

Hudd and Fulham did everyone else a huge favour last season.

Very poor ManU and Spuds are on are the cusp of CL football, aided in part by ManC’s ban.

Under the radar, Dyche has done a great job. Respect.

D2FBEE1F-D9FE-45AF-93E2-DF40E9EF4F36.png

3F5502EF-0180-4EF3-93A3-29C4546FD0A6.png

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
And good news we won't be going into the bottom 3 next weekend as bmuff have Liverpool away !!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
[Subject to 2 fixtures still to play].

We actually have an extra point! As a wetter, giving me some hope.

Hudd and Fulham did everyone else a huge favour last season.

Very poor ManU and Spuds are on are the cusp of CL football, aided in part by ManC’s ban.

Under the radar, Dyche has done a great job. Respect.

View attachment 120629

View attachment 120630

There's no hope. Firstly as stated we had 30 PTS and are -2 on last year. Second the ONLY thing that saved us last year was there were 2 seriously shit teams and another a bit more shit than us. Not so this year, there's certainly not 3 that are more shit, toothless or lacklustre than our collection of high priced duds.

We will get relegated imho

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There's no hope. Firstly as stated we had 30 PTS and are -2 on last year. Second the ONLY thing that saved us last year was there were 2 seriously shit teams and another a bit more shit than us. Not so this year, there's certainly not 3 that are more shit, toothless or lacklustre than our collection of high priced duds.

I make it a 50:50 call. Newcastle at home alone won’t save us, and Norwich always upset us at Carrow Road. We need some shock wins against mega spenders. It could happen. But how shit is it to be having to rely to that, after all the hard work from Aug to Dec.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I make it a 50:50 call. Newcastle at home alone won’t save us, and Norwich always upset us at Carrow Road. We need some shock wins against mega spenders. It could happen. But how shit is it to be having to rely to that, after all the hard work from Aug to Dec.

Others alleging that maybe Dan Ashworth is involved in picking the team? if that's the case we're in serious shit. That would be deeply worrying.

Of course we will someday, but I can't see where the next win comes from Weststander. Under Hughton we always looked solid defensively, even though toothless up front. Now for all our worthless possession stats, our attacking threat comes at the expense of defensive solidity, by pushing defenders up (we're prime for counter attacks) and even though we do create more chances than this stage last year, we still look clueless in front of goal. You could of played the Benny Hill music to yesterday's attacking it was that comically bad.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Others alleging that maybe Dan Ashworth is involved in picking the team? if that's the case we're in serious shit. That would be deeply worrying.

Of course we will someday, but I can't see where the next win comes from Weststander. Under Hughton we always looked solid defensively, even though toothless up front. Now for all our worthless possession stats, our attacking threat comes at the expense of defensive solidity, by pushing defenders up (we're prime for counter attacks) and even though we do create more chances than this stage last year, we still look clueless in front of goal. You could of played the Benny Hill music to yesterday's attacking it was that comically bad.

I can’t see it either. We’re playing some decent stuff in spells, but can’t keep clean sheets and lack goals .... obviously a combination that churns out losses and draws.

My hope is just blue-tinted clutching at straws. You never know in football. I thought Spurs would outclass us at the Amex, Arsenal at the Library.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

I never make predictions but I do agree that 'toothless and lacklustre' sums it up.

Last edited:

Last season Huddersfield and Fulham were down by Christmas and we only had to worry about Cardiff, who were a very limited team. This season it’s very different, there are no woeful teams and even Norwich aren’t out of it yet. Basically we are still trying to avoid three places, whereas last season it was just one. This is going to be a lot harder.

And not forgetting we’ve been dogshit for two months looking like we’ll never get 3 points again.

It’s going to have to be one hell of a turnround and logically it now falls into the odds against category

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here