Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wot no MOTD thread?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I am guessing none of us could stomach watching it?

I know they talk about facing your demons and all that, but reliving that nightmare is beyond the pale.

:nono:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Just watched the extended highlights and followed up with the replay of MOTD.

To be honest the result is clouding a lot of my feelings about the game.
The goal came completely against the run of play and had a big slice of luck to it.
if our two big chances fall to Murray, we win that game.

It sucks that once again we are making all the running when we concede.
But it is becoming the norm.

Can't argue with Jenas's comments on us.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Potter is starting to look like he is just winging it now. His post match interviews are getting alarming. A complete look of " whatever " about the fella

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I am guessing none of us could stomach watching it?

I know they talk about facing your demons and all that, but reliving that nightmare is beyond the pale.

:nono:

Watched the first two games and that was it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The players should be forced to watch the Watford performance on a loop for 12 hours or so.
It will be good for them to see what can be achieved if you take on even the greatest teams.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I notice it's all gone quiet on the 'Our Chris Loses it' and 'GP Loses it' threads.

Ok these are amusing and slightly tongue in cheek threads - but at least we sensed that the mostly cool and dignified Hughton had an inner passion and steelness (great to see him lose control when we scored the 3rd against Palace last season) - whereas I'm not sure about the uber-passive GPott.

GP doesn't show any passion from the touchline or in his interviews. His monotone style isn't very inspiring. I wonder about the dynamics on the training ground and in the dressing room.

Maybe GP's method is more of the 'good cop', 'arm around the player', 'mentor rather than manager' style and content to let his assistants - and maybe Dunk & Duffy to fire the bullets.

Since Poyet we've selected more passive and thoughtful managers, not prone to public outbursts, no fire and brimstone, none of the 'I'll make the players run through brick walls for me', tea cup hurling, hairdryer merchants.

I do like the more dignified, cerebral types and reflects how the culture at the club is evolving but sometimes it's good for the fans to see some real passion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn’t see this thread and have just posted this on the PL

Having sat through the game again on MOTD, they make a good point about us getting in good positions but not committing enough players into the box when we do. They highlighted it with freeze frames very well.

Something we should improve on....quickly.

They also mentioned bringing Murray on and then making shit crosses that never got anywhere near him

For a change I think they made some good points about our play yesterday

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Having sat through the game again on MOTD, they make a good point about us getting in good positions but not committing enough players into the box when we do. They highlighted it with freeze frames very well.

Yup, this. The pundits were questioning the point of having all that possession and build up then not getting any bodies in the box. The graphics were pretty damning

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
There has been a consistent response from both CH and GP....they are tough matches....they have quality players......we lacked a bit of composure/quality in the final third

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yup, this. The pundits were questioning the point of having all that possession and build up then not getting any bodies in the box. The graphics were pretty damning

Exactly what we were saying at the game (from WSU) yesterday, it was so blindingly bleeding obvious we're missing a striker!!

You'd have thought after three years someone would have twigged Andy don even something about it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

A reasonable point but it's been more true in other games. Personally, I think a bigger problem is that we spend too long trying to work the opening for the perfect cross. It's all good up to the edge of the box but then we take a couple more passes. A quicker ball in AND a couple of players central at least makes the opposition feel under the cosh. There were plenty of occasions yesterday when we did have players in the box but we let Palace get organised. Maupay is the only one who consistently wants to shoot when inside the box, rather than let someone else take responsibility.

Last edited:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Something we should improve on....quickly.

They also mentioned bringing Murray on and then making shit crosses that never got anywhere near him

For a change I think they made some good points about our play yesterday

The complete opposite of their praise of us earlier in the season when we had countless players bombing into the box.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Frustrating when our manager/coach routinely talks up the opposition. Especially before a game. CH defaulted to that rather too often - and GP is now showing similar traits.

The BHA fan who called the R5 606 phone in last night suggested there is too much emphasis on the opposition - 'GP selects a different team for each game to suit the opposition' (not just the odd change or rotation?), 'rather than consistently send out our best line up'.

He questioned whether GP actually knows what our best line up is because they do not get a consistent run of games?

IMHO its about fine tuning the team rather than widespread 'guess today's team' tinkering.

Having said all that we should have put at least one or two of those chances away yesterday, so it's not all down to Potter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here