Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Can’t any of our players take on and beat opposition players ?

Do we insist on trying to pick our way through the middle of the opposition defence rather that use the flanks?

Don’t our players shoot immediately when in sight of goal rather than taking 2 or 3 more touches?

Don’t our players pass to a team mate more quickly ?

Why have Aaron Mooy’s performances dropped off a level since signing permanently for us?

Just a few questions that spring to mind again.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
...do we continually play aerial balls to a short-arse, then switch him for an old bloke and try to get him running in behind?

...don't half our players look bothered?

What does Webster have on Potter? (Okay, that wasn't 'why' but you catch my drift.)

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Because, as has been hinted previously, many of them either simply aren't good enough or don't have the bollocks to take games by the scruff of the neck (which imo is an inadvertent result of our 'no dickheads' rule). We've been living on borrowed time for three years by continually not addressing the problems that crop up time and time again in the team, such as a lack of pace and the lack of another clinical finisher to support GM (as highly as I rate Maupay). Looks like it's finally coming back to haunt us now. I do agree though, we are insufferably frustrating. You'd need ten hands (or one if you're a palace fan) to count the amount of times I've been simply lost for words, baffled at the decisions taken by certain players in certain moments. Literally at my wit's end with some of the play I've witnessed this season, watching them sometimes, it's like they're all on Ketamine. And it's been like this for ages, too

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Mooy is a weird one. I thought he was showing glimpses of massive potential. He was bossing matches. Lately he looks like he would be at home in league 1

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Mooy is a weird one. I thought he was showing glimpses of massive potential. He was bossing matches. Lately he looks like he would be at home in league 1

palace are a notoriously dogged defensive side and had 9 behind the ball for most of the match , when we did get breaks we fluffed them.......unfortunately i think we are sussed out and are too predictable. this game like numerous others went to script......run the opposition ragged , miss 3 or 4 sitters.........and get mugged.

Can’t any of our players take on and beat opposition players ?

Do we insist on trying to pick our way through the middle of the opposition defence rather that use the flanks?

Don’t our players shoot immediately when in sight of goal rather than taking 2 or 3 more touches?

Don’t our players pass to a team mate more quickly ?

Why have Aaron Mooy’s performances dropped off a level since signing permanently for us?

Just a few questions that spring to mind again.

Because we are sh*te currently!!

palace are a notoriously dogged defensive side and had 9 behind the ball for most of the match , when we did get breaks we fluffed them.......unfortunately i think we are sussed out and are too predictable. this game like numerous others went to script......run the opposition ragged , miss 3 or 4 sitters.........and get mugged.

This with bells on.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
All very valid questions that the OP asks.

What I will say though, is despite all these questions, we still should have won yesterday's game by a country mile, we opened Palace up. but fluffed chance after chance. Of course had a chance or two been taken we probably wouldn't have been asking these questions.

Let's face it, it isn't about performances at this stage of the season, but results.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Because our recruitment team is working to a brief that doesn’t look like it’s Premier League ready?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here