Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crunch time after Wolves

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
It’s getting close , Deadline day March 11th 17:00 . Renew or not renew that is the question . Said last year under Chris that I was wavering but did mine and juniors again and glad I did as thinking a bright new change would happen , it’s more exciting football now as previously Chris was making it so so boring but as we progress I feel as if potter is turning into Hypia a bit and doesn’t have a clue unless it’s that Ashworth pulling the strings ??? I will give it another year though as tbh the championship was better anyway . Heard the bloke behind saying he wasn’t going to renew

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
It’s getting close , Deadline day March 11th 17:00 . Renew or not renew that is the question . Said last year under Chris that I was wavering but did mine and juniors again and glad I did as thinking a bright new change would happen , it’s more exciting football now as previously Chris was making it so so boring but as we progress I feel as if potter is turning into Hypia a bit and doesn’t have a clue unless it’s that Ashworth pulling the strings ??? I will give it another year though as tbh the championship was better anyway . Heard the bloke behind saying he wasn’t going to renew

I suppose people are free to do as they wish. I don’t really understand people debating whether to renew or not! If you have a problem with supporting the team whether that be in the championship or premier, then maybe pass it to someone who will.
I just finding it all a little fickle - as a supporter surely people support a team through good or bad!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I suppose people are free to do as they wish. I don’t really understand people debating whether to renew or not! If you have a problem with supporting the team whether that be in the championship or premier, then maybe pass it to someone who will.
I just finding it all a little fickle - as a supporter surely people support a team through good or bad!

Attention seeking Is the reason I believe!!

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I’m resigned to us being relegated but I’ve renewed without hesitation. I reckon watching football in the Championship will be a damn sight more enjoyable and exciting and you wait, all those people who don’t renew will suddenly be falling over themselves to get tickets if we find ourselves having another promotion chasing season !

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I’m resigned to us being relegated but I’ve renewed without hesitation. I reckon watching football in the Championship will be a damn sight more enjoyable and exciting and you wait, all those people who don’t renew will suddenly be falling over themselves to get tickets if we find ourselves having another promotion chasing season !

There are certainly aspects of the Championship I'll enjoy again, and aspects of the Premier League I won't miss!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We are all prisoners of our own desire

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thoughts of Championship make me more likely to renew.

9 wins a season football and a goal scored per game (if lucky) is a grind. Take away the copious pints of beer, the grub and craic with mates/family, and the Albion PL football ‘product’ underneath that veil ain’t all that.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I'll renew until I either cant afford or health dictates. What league we are in is irrelevant. I'm there for our team, not who we are playing.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I never renew.

I just don't cancel.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thoughts of Championship make me more likely to renew.

9 wins a season football and a goal scored per game (if lucky) is a grind. Take away the copious pints of beer, the grub and craic with mates/family, and the Albion PL football ‘product’ underneath that veil ain’t all that.

I always did wonder how many seasons it would take of just hoping there were three shittier teams would sink in.

We have spent a lot of money achieving nothing yet in the Premier League.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'll renew until I either cant afford or health dictates. What league we are in is irrelevant. I'm there for our team, not who we are playing.

This, we forget where we have come from sometimes and what we fought for for 14 long years. We are seeing the best players we have ever seen in the stripes whatever happens at Wolves or for the rest of the season I shall be taking my seat again in August.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I always did wonder how many seasons it would take of just hoping there were three shittier teams would sink in.

We have spent a lot of money achieving nothing yet in the Premier League.

The club has made so many right moves in the last 23 years.

But player recruitment from Easter 2017 to January 2020 stands out as in the main woeful, so many blunders, huge sums blown.

The fact that TB doesn’t fire anyone, makes me think that Winstanley was under strict orders for ‘value’, no potentially onerous contracts, to search world football for hidden gems. It failed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The club has made so many right moves in the last 23 years.

But player recruitment from Easter 2017 to January 2020 stands out as in the main woeful, so many blunders, huge sums blown.

The fact that TB doesn’t fire anyone, makes me think that Winstanley was under strict orders for ‘value’, no potentially onerous contracts, to search world football for hidden gems. It failed.

I have just done a conservative estimate and reckon we have spent a minimum of £180m on players since we the first transfer window pre Premier League, truly shocking

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have just done a conservative estimate and reckon we have spent a minimum of £180m on players since we the first transfer window pre Premier League, truly shocking

According to Co House:
2017/18 fees spent £57.5m
2018/19 £77.9m

Then add:
Clarke £4m
Webster £22m
Trossard £18m
Maupay £16m
Lamptey £4m
McAllister fee £0.8m
Mooy £5m

= £205m

Have I missed anyone signed since 1 July 2019?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm really worried about the bloke behind.

The bloke behind me today, who to be fair is normally the other persons young son, virtually exploded like a Roman Candle when Mooy was announced Man of the Match

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why is the decision based on relegation. Surely it doesn't matter what league we are in? In fact, wouldn't it be better to watch football in the Championship?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
The bloke behind me today, who to be fair is normally the other persons young son, virtually exploded like a Roman Candle when Mooy was announced Man of the Match

In all fairness I can sympathise. Reckon I take a better corner than Mooy and I'm probably a fair bit quicker, and that's as a fat f**k in my 40's.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Why would you not want to support the team in the Championship? Or any other league? We have had worst days than this..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes of course we have. We are in the Premier League now, and competing against the big boys in probably the best league in the world. Yesterday was always going to happen sooner or later, as will relegation to the Championship. We simply don't have the nous, money, or players to compete at this level for very long

But to answer the OP's question, yes of course l'm going to renew. I look upon our stay in the Premier League as a privilege, not a right. Enjoy it whilst you can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here