Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dealing With It

el punal

I have now decided after today’s debacle that the only way I can cope with our beloved team’s fickle performances is to resign myself to relegation. No more straw clutching, no more if and buts, no more relying on other teams doing us a favour. I will now come to terms that we are stuffed as a Premier League team. It is the only way that I can deal with the angst of seeing our team who looked so promising early season transform itself into a clueless, lacklustre bunch of disappointers (my word).

I have always been a glass half full supporter when it comes to the Albion, that glass has now been knocked over and is empty. Perhaps someone could fill it up and in doing so cheer me up. :down:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’m not giving up. Today was a bad day, hopefully next week will be better.

The club needs us now.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I felt gutted at the game, but I was surprised how quickly the feeling dissipated on my walk back to the car. Not sure if it's my advancing years or the fact that the script has been the same week in week out and I just don't expect us to win any more.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have now decided after today’s debacle that the only way I can cope with our beloved team’s fickle performances is to resign myself to relegation. No more straw clutching, no more if and buts, no more relying on other teams doing us a favour. I will now come to terms that we are stuffed as a Premier League team. It is the only way that I can deal with the angst of seeing our team who looked so promising early season transform itself into a clueless, lacklustre bunch of disappointers (my word).

I have always been a glass half full supporter when it comes to the Albion, that glass has now been knocked over and is empty. Perhaps someone could fill it up and in doing so cheer me up. :down:

I think you are going to deep. Just hit the f..u..cling target March and they don’t come back and we smash them..

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Whatever will be will be. Couple of hours of being pissed off, then move on.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

i'm in the same boat as you. Usually a positive fan but after today it's like a switch has been flicked and I'm preparing myself for us going down. Just can't see how we'll stay up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Take up sport or any form of exercise, even walking.

Vent your spleen on NSC.

Finally, tangibly to us as supporters, how does life in the Championship affect us? Only TB will pay a true price for relegation. I’m fine with either division. We’ve had a bottom of the PL recruitment policy and wages structure, so are deservedly where we are (again). It’s only football, Championship football is literally NOT the end of the world.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I felt gutted at the game, but I was surprised how quickly the feeling dissipated on my walk back to the car. Not sure if it's my advancing years or the fact that the script has been the same week in week out and I just don't expect us to win any more.

Same here, philosophical. Three seasons of hardly ever winning, makes losing the norm, wins a shock. My son took it badly during the second half, I just jogged for the park n ride, knowing we’re not very good at PL football.

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
My philosophy was that he had only been in the job 5 mins and he was still working out was was his best line up,sadly I have know come to the conclusion that his a clueless wanker.Hopefully forthcoming results will prove me wrong and I am the aforementioned.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s not just losing....it’s losing to them

Have hated them since 1976. But there’s nothing I can do, Propper handed them the points not me, I express my feelings on NSC, then move on and get on with life.

They were going to beat us one day. I had a feeling they’d play a part in potentially sending us down. Potter and an overrated squad haven’t won in months, putting ever more pressure on these must win games for us. I smelt the coffee a while back when I saw a form guide of roughly LLDLLDLLD, others have now only just cottoned on.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Vent your spleen on NSC.

Finally, tangibly to us as supporters, how does life in the Championship affect us? Only TB will pay a true price for relegation. I’m fine with either division. We’ve had a bottom of the PL recruitment policy and wages structure, so are deservedly where we are (again). It’s only football, Championship football is literally NOT the end of the world.

Walking and hiking are excellent forms of exercise and fun as well. Listen to a podcast or just let nature engulf you.

Championship football isn't the end of the football but VAR is a live spectator though. As for Potter you know my feelings on him and it looks like i'm right. I blame him entirely.

I thought we would win today but how wrong was i ?

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Walking and hiking are excellent forms of exercise and fun as well. Listen to a podcast or just let nature engulf you.

Championship football isn't the of the football but VAR is a live spectator though. As for Potter you know my feelings on him and it looks like i'm right. I blame him entirely.

No one will ever admit it to you, but perhaps you weren’t such a fool after all.

I think we have some obvious squad deficiencies never sorted over 6 transfer windows, whoever the manager is. Bloom’s investment and PL dream is on a precipice as a result.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
For me personally relegation wouldn't be a disaster as I don't get 'star struck' just because Salah, Kane, or Pogba visit us at the Amex, and I like many have seen far worse seasons than to let whats happening now get me down too much (the 2 years at Gillingham spring to mind and all the mileage I racked up for shit football puts things in perspective for me).

What does bother me is that it seems we are meekly giving up our Premier League place and going down with a bit of a wimper. I can accept us losing matches but it has been the manner of many defeats that hurts. Yes, today we had 20 odd shots with 8 being on target, but not once did their keeper have to make what you might call a 'Worldy' save. They were all pretty routine. I don't mind being relegated but just wish the lads would show more fight, dare I say like Burnley seem to do more often than not, or Watford this evening for that matter - they left nothing out on the pitch tonight, whereas most of our lads barely got their shirts dirty.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Today hurt, tomorrow is a new month we have to dig deep. We have to believe...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Vent your spleen on NSC.

But, Accrington Stanley ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here