Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter - The emperor's new clothes

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
How? The players just didn't put the ball in the net when presented with clear cut chances

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
You have been watching the last two months of completely failing to win football matches I assume? The bloke is beyond useless.

I didn’t realise Potter was actually on the pitch! I’ll look out for him next time. Mind you, it makes failing to win even more of a problem seeing as we’ve apparently been playing with 12 men!

:moo:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We need a clinical striker, sorry to say this we looked worse when Murray came on

Actually sorry to state the bleeding obvious

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Silly me I thought what happens on the pitch is the responsibility of the manager.

To some extent, but it’s hardly Potter’s fault if our players can’t find the back of the net in clear cut chances ala March and Maupay today. That particular responsibility falls on the players in my book.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
1 clean sheet in 17 matches and a lack of clinical finishing at the other end is why we are dropping like a stone

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We just don't seem to have the players with that extra little bit of something to br able to unlock even the most pedestrian of PL defences. Prospects for this season not looking great sadly

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
He will be manager next season no matter which league were in. Tony Bloom confirmed this at Q&A session in Horsham on Wednesday

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We need a clinical striker, sorry to say this we looked worse when Murray came on

Actually sorry to state the bleeding obvious

I love Muzza, but crazily, hapless Maupay stayed in the box, Muzza being forced out wide. Muzza tried communicating to Maupay, but Maupay just looked down at the turf.

Muzza’s best played in the box when we attack.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
To some extent, but it’s hardly Potter’s fault if our players can’t find the back of the net in clear cut chances ala March and Maupay today. That particular responsibility falls on the players in my book.

It is his fault our defending is shocking, we never keep clean sheets, and a whole plethora of baffling personal changes to our first 11 and squad occur weekly. He has the responsibility to coach and pick a team to win football matches. TB said in his fans forum that Potter decided not to recruit another striker at Xmas so I'd also say he is carrying the can for missing goals too.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
As I posted on the other thread:

Clearly things are bad, and it seems like GP is struggling to keep a lot of you guys on board.

But.

The way I see it, GP is responsible for the team and the tactics, and the frustrating reality is that we play well almost every week, and very well most weeks.

Today was a case in point. If it was boxing and judged on points we win hands down. We created more, we kept the ball more, we were the better side.

The one thing GP cannot do is finish a chance, he can't put the ball in the net, that is up to the players.

Maybe recruitment is an issue, maybe there are other factors around the mentality of the players, but the reality is that everything GP can be held directly responsible for is working.

I was as unhappy with today as anyone else, but not really unhappy with the performance overall. It was individual mistakes and failures on the pitch which cost us, and have been costing us. I can't honestly hold GP entirely responsible for that.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It is his fault our defending is shocking, we never keep clean sheets, and a whole plethora of baffling personal changes to our first 11 and squad occur weekly. He has the responsibility to coach and pick a team to win football matches. TB said in his fans forum that Potter decided not to recruit another striker at Xmas so I'd also say he is carrying the can for missing goals too.

Yes, but once he has picked the team it's the players' responsibility to go out there and win it! We created more opportunities in today's game than any other PL game to date. It's not Potter's fault neither March or Maupay took those chances. I will concede however that the decision to take March off, who was IMO our best player, and replace him with Murray, and consequently move Mooy out 'wide' was absolutely nonsensical. I'm not saying that no blame lays at Potter's door, however the notion that he is solely to blame is well off the mark.

And re Bloom's comments, he's hardly going to say "Graham wanted a striker but we wouldn't give him the funds" is he? There may be some truth to the fact that Potter was happy with his squad around Christmas, but no manager is going to turn around and say "No, I don't want more firepower thanks", if the opportunity arises.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I love Muzza, but crazily, hapless Maupay stayed in the box, Muzza being forced out wide. Muzza tried communicating to Maupay, but Maupay just looked down at the turf.

I know ,so frustrating, the constant tinkering of formation and perhaps more importantly the players seems to have left the some not knowing how to play together. They are pro’s, so not clueless, but I am talking about the last 1% thats needed for success.

Still think we will cling on, one w8n and the dynamic changes

Saviour to useless overnight, ya gotta laugh. There is a decent manager there but Bloom alas played his cards too early with him in terms of his English football learning curve, and now we all have to suffer the consequences of watching some directionless performances. We probably still just need 3 wins to stay up but based on the games since the start of the year, those performances wouldn’t win one

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

All of this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
We just don't seem to have the players with that extra little bit of something to br able to unlock even the most pedestrian of PL defences. Prospects for this season not looking great sadly

We fo but he is in Fulham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here