Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We’re hurting, but we’re not down and out yet!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Man; today sucked but it all felt so inevitable, almost predictable - playing the wrong game against a manager who excels at sitting deep and picking off teams who try to football through two banks of four... sure, it was flat yet we did create a number of clear chances. Upon reflection, on another day, we would have surely won.

So now we’re down, (relegated) in the minds of the pundits, neutrals and our own, our very own negative noodles.... are we? Tonight we sit roughly where I think we’ll finish, we’re not in the bottom three nor will we finish there. Why?

I have a theory, that if we’d won today, it actually would have spelled disaster ... we would have started to get cocksure again, and fancied ourselves ‘safe.’ Now I expect a reaction, paradoxically too on the back of this result, I see Alzate, Lamps and Big Mac all playing a key role as early as next week... these are all good potential outcomes of today’s gut wrenching result.

There’s miles to go, and I still believe we’ll do something special against one or indeed two of the upcoming ‘giant’ clubs... it’s always been our way :)

We lost the battle today but not the war!

Over to the players to deliver an overdue reaction and perhaps, ironically, we can all thank Palace for waking the players up and demonstrating the importance of being clinical.

Peace be the journey x

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agree, [MENTION=494]Kosh[/MENTION].

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
That’s all very well but we have won 6 games all season. What makes you think we have the ability to get enough points to stay up! The players and management are bereft of confidence.
Love you positivity but fear it may all be in vain!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
That’s all very well but we have won 6 games all season. What makes you think we have the ability to get enough points to stay up! The players and management are bereft of confidence.
Love you positivity but fear it may all be in vain!

Last season, when we went to Palace and won we (from recollection) started to implode and barely survived. The players saw that result as some kind of false badge of PL class and status - hence we utterly lost focus on the basics. Today was like a kick in the balls and if we don’t see a genuine reaction, well, I’ll be a mediocre Dutch forward called Elvis.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Will be very tight but we have been competitive in nearly every game, could easily see some unexpected wins in the ten games left..

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Not given up, but Christ I’m flat tonight

I feel bizarrely positive - I know it’s bad, very bad results wise but something will happen and when it does we won’t look back - trust me. I can feel it.

I haven’t been drinking. Indeed, I felt like kicking the cat we don’t even own at FT ... But then I saw the benefit of losing this match and the likes of Lewis calling the other players out and demanding a response against Wolves. This and our luck will change, unlike under CH, for the better.

:)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Man; today sucked but it all felt so inevitable, almost predictable - playing the wrong game against a manager who excels at sitting deep and picking off teams who try to football through two banks of four... sure, it was flat yet we did create a number of clear chances. Upon reflection, on another day, we would have surely won.

So now we’re down, (relegated) in the minds of the pundits, neutrals and our own, our very own negative noodles.... are we? Tonight we sit roughly where I think we’ll finish, we’re not in the bottom three nor will we finish there. Why?

I have a theory, that if we’d won today, it actually would have spelled disaster ... we would have started to get cocksure again, and fancied ourselves ‘safe.’ Now I expect a reaction, paradoxically too on the back of this result, I see Alzate, Lamps and Big Mac all playing a key role as early as next week... these are all good potential outcomes of today’s gut wrenching result.

There’s miles to go, and I still believe we’ll do something special against one or indeed two of the upcoming ‘giant’ clubs... it’s always been our way :)

We lost the battle today but not the war!

Over to the players to deliver an overdue reaction and perhaps, ironically, we can all thank Palace for waking the players up and demonstrating the importance of being clinical.

Peace be the journey x

Amen to all that. And got to keep believing etc
We will see what the players are made off in the coming weeks.
At the very least, I hope to see proper fight.
It would be tragic to see us go down with a wimper.
Fundamentally, It’s hard to see where the goals are coming from, even if we do roll our sleeves up. Defo time to try Big Mac and Lamps.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Amen to all that. And got to keep believing etc
It’s hard to see where the goals are coming from through.
We will see what the players are made off in the coming weeks.
At the very least, I hope to see proper fight.
It would be tragic to see us go down with a whimper.

We won’t go down.

Not this season.

Believe.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
If we're going to get out of this we need to do the following:
- stop tinkering with the line-up every single week. Decide on the best team and stick with it for a few games
- start Alzate. Even in the few minutes he was on the pitch today he looked more skilful than any of his team-mates.
- we just signed two players last month. Why sign them if we're not going to see them play? McAllister for sure needs to start from next week.
- if Mooy is on such a bad run of form, then drop him
- Ali J has to start

and incidentally:
- Murray has done nothing to show he deserved a new contract
- why did we offload two strikers without bringing in replacements? Still having Locadia and/or Andone available would at least have given us some striking options

boik

And we've got a lot of bloody tough run of games to come.

We've just come out of a really favourable set of games. We won none of them

And yet we've recently (as in, with these players) beaten United, Arsenal, Spurs. Maybe a few games against teams that don't sit deep will be good for us. Certainly struggled a bit against packed defences, but then most teams do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here