Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lamptey and MacAllister - Must start the next game

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Lamptey from what I’ve seen is just what we need, pacey attacking full back who can put in a decent cross and can defend as well.

MacAllister could be the man who can play that killer pass to unlock a defence and link up with Maupay.

We need to be more confident in the final third, for me that’s what’s let us down this season.

My team to face wolves would be:

Ryan
Lamptey
Dunk
Webster
Burn
Propper
Mooy
Trossard
Alireza
MacAllister
Maupay

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Lamptey from what I’ve seen is just what we need, pacey attacking full back who can put in a decent cross and can defend as well.

MacAllister could be the man who can play that killer pass to unlock a defence and link up with Maupay.

We need to be more confident in the final third, for me that’s what’s let us down this season.

Ryan
Lamptey
Dunk
Webster
Burn
Propper
Mooy
Trossard
Alireza
MacAllister
Maupay
I'm not starting mooy, trossard or Webster.

Don't disagree with anything else you've said though

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Ryan
Lamptey
Dunk
Webster
Burn
Propper
Mooy
Trossard
Alireza
MacAllister
Maupay
The pace of that team will have Wolves’ back 5 terrified.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Potter makes too many changes, he's the new tinkerman! Here's the team I'd pick for our next match with changes to today's line up...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Button
Lamptey
Dunk
Duffy
Bernardo
Alzate
Stephens
MacAllister
Bissouma
Maupay
Murray

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Need to calm down.
We have no idea whether Lamprey or Macalister are good enough yet.

Just shut up! I'm not in the mood!

This. And if they fail to make an instant impact we'll have a whole new RAFT of posts stating the bleeding obvious about how they need Time To Gel. Which they do. But we shouldn't be reduced to just bunging in brand new players at this late stage of the season anyway

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
I’d love to know what you’ve seen on the training pitch that warrants lampety, a player with less than 100 premier league minutes, and Mac Alister, a player with YouTube highlights, that the rest of us aren’t privy to.

In the squad? Hopefully.
Get on the pitch? Maybe.
Start? Come on.

I’d also drop Webster in a heartbeat.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

Ryan
Lamptey
Dunk
Webster
Burn
Propper
Mooy
Trossard
Alireza
MacAllister
Maupay
Too late..... horse is halfway across the yard already...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I’d love to know what you’ve seen on the training pitch that warrants lampety, a player with less than 100 premier league minutes, and Mac Alister, a player with YouTube highlights, that the rest of us aren’t privy to.

In the squad? Hopefully.
Get on the pitch? Maybe.
Start? Come on.

I’d also drop Webster in a heartbeat.

You are right, I am only going on what I have seen of Lamptey on You Tube, and from what Chelsea fans have told me who have seen him in U23 games and his premier league appearances.

And MacAllister, if you read my post I purposely said he could be the man to unlock defences.

But you are right I don’t see them in training week in week out and I do trust Potter in his team selections.

The post is just my opinion with the view to provoke discussion on here !

For what it’s worth, I think we will not go down, but as always I’m strapped in, holding tight on the rollercoaster called Brighton and Hove Albion !!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Need to calm down.
We have no idea whether Lamprey or Macalister are good enough yet.

Just shut up! I'm not in the mood!

We know several in the squad aren't good enough, so nothing to lose my giving these two a go.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This. And if they fail to make an instant impact we'll have a whole new RAFT of posts stating the bleeding obvious about how they need Time To Gel. Which they do. But we shouldn't be reduced to just bunging in brand new players at this late stage of the season anyway

Or how they are not good enough - get rid.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
They should be introduced in the right way.

MacAllister, 10 mins at the end in one game, half an hour in another, see if he makes his case.

Lamptey, is a defender so a bit different. When the player in his position has been poor/uninspiring and he gets a start. In my view Wolves away is as good a game as any. They have good wingers, Jota, Traore. But how many teams in this division don't have players in this position who offer a threat? We bought him for a reason and we have a manager who apparently believes in youth.

We have to try something to score a goal

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We know several in the squad aren't good enough, so nothing to lose my giving these two a go.

Agreed. They can't be worse than what we have on the pitch right now. I can possibly see that Lamptey is one for the future, but why bring MacAllister over here if he's not even going to warm the bench?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
They should be introduced in the right way.

MacAllister, 10 mins at the end in one game, half an hour in another, see if he makes his case.

Lamptey, is a defender so a bit different. When the player in his position has been poor/uninspiring and he gets a start. In my view Wolves away is as good a game as any. They have good wingers, Jota, Traore. But how many teams in this division don't have players in this position who offer a threat? We bought him for a reason and we have a manager who apparently believes in youth.

We have to try something to score a goal

MacAllister was bang in form when he came to us so introducing him quickly should have been the answer so he can pick up where he left off. I sometimes think we over protect the players and there is as much risk on confidence leaving them out in than putting them in.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I dread to think of the meltdown if these two players both start and turn out to be shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here