Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Ashworth

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Since he joined as Head of Football Operations a year ago:

The manager was fired and replaced with a new manager who has no experience of this league
More players have been let go than signed
The club has won seven league games in 40+ attempts.

Where does the buck stop? The players? The manager? Or the bloke overseeing them?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

The manager was fired and replaced with a new manager who has no experience of this league

Where does the buck stop? The players? The manager? Or the bloke overseeing them?

I’ve asked a similar question on another thread. If we go down then surely he must go.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
The buck always stops with the management and the ownership.

But we’ve also missed some sitters today, so I can see why Potter’s frustrated.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

You are correct, don’t know what he actually does and how much power he has but would be interested to know how many games we have won since he joined. CH get the sack and we spend £millions yet we are going backwards.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

For once i totally agree with you.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
TB is in for the long haul. Results haven't / aren't going our way. TB has brought DA in to run the footballing side of the club and that's not dependent on game by game results or even if we get relagated.
. If we go down GP and DA will still be here and putting in the foundations for a stable top 10 PL club in the future.

It's going to set his plans back getting relegated but he'll carry on with them imo.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
How is DA responsible for lack of goals / results ?

Genuine question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How is DA responsible for lack of goals / results ?

Genuine question

He oversees recruitment. We binned off two strikers and didn’t replace them.

Bit that’s not all the issue. We have not been #together under him. Players look like they don’t care.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
TB is in for the long haul. Results haven't / aren't going our way. TB has brought DA in to run the footballing side of the club and that's not dependent on game by game results or even if we get relagated.
. If we go down GP and DA will still be here and putting in the foundations for a stable top 10 PL club in the future.

It's going to set his plans back getting relegated but he'll carry on with them imo.

There is a long legacy problem of poor recruitment that cannot be laid at DA's door. Rome and a day and all that. DA mentioned that relegation was a possibility on the long road to top 10 when it was announced. And relegation may be less of a setback than appears if it means we can bounce back with some newer players and a more coherent style.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Bit that’s not all the issue. We have not been #together under him. Players look like they don’t care.

Fair point on recruiting, but that’s been sketchy long before he arrived

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016

I think Dunk, Bissouma, Scheletto and Burn play with real heart. Not so sure about the rest of the squad

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Think a lot is we are doing to much to soon.
CH kept us up playing a certain way with a certain type of player.
Ashworth comes in having over seen a successful project in a certain way. Sees the potential to do the same here we change manager because of the way he plays then basically give him the same tools to work with. Recruitment has been dire in recent time in respects of how we want to play football and leaving the manager with 1 striker a 37 year old back up and a untried kid is poor management from above.
He will stay I’m sure to over see what he is here for but this summer is an important one for him and the recruitment team in general

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here