Date: Saturday 29th February 2020
Kick-off: 12:30 GMT
Referee: Martin Atkinson
Assistants: Dan Cook, Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth official: Tim Robinson
VAR: Kevin Friend
Assistant VAR: Andrew Halliday

TEAM NEWS

Brighton & Hove Albion have no new injury concerns, with midfielder Dale Stephens available following two games out with a thigh injury.

Jose Izquierdo is the only absentee in an otherwise fully-fit squad.

Crystal Palace expect to welcome back Luka Milivojevic, who missed the win against Newcastle because of illness.

Fellow midfielder Cheikhou Kouyate should also be in contention despite being substituted late on last weekend with an ankle complaint.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Jonathan Pearce: Not the oldest of derbies but one of the bitterest.

The Goldstone Ground clash in 1975-76 was nearly abandoned when smoke bombs were thrown. The feud intensified when Alan Mullery of Brighton and Terry Venables of Palace seethed during a 1976 FA Cup first-round replay. The Seagulls had a goal disallowed; Palace scored from a twice taken penalty - both dodgy decisions by referee Ron Challis.

At the 2013 promotion play-off semi-final second leg, Palace discovered their dressing room had been soiled. Wilfried Zaha was furious. It drove him on to a match-winning display. He now has six goals in 11 meetings and will be key again.

But Brighton are the better passing side, the younger team and the needier one.

My family is divided into fans of both! I'm sitting on the fence.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Graham Potter: "I'm delighted with the spirit, quality and togetherness that the lads have been showing this week - now we have to transfer it into Saturday.

"My message to the fans is to enjoy the game and get behind the team in the right way. They can help us get three points, and we know what it means to them."

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson: "This is a special game for the fans, it has a certain history in the annals of both clubs.

"We are very much aware of that as a club and as a football team and aware of what the game means and how much our supporters look forward to this.

"There is nothing you can do extra special for these matches, and that goes for all derby games."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in three league meetings (W2, D1), their longest run without losing in this fixture since a run of 10 games between 1979 and 1986.
    [*=left]Crystal Palace have won just two of the past 18 away league games. The Eagles have never won a top-flight match at Brighton (D1, L3).
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton are the only team in the top four English divisions yet to win a game in any competition in 2020.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have claimed just one win in 12 league matches, but have drawn seven times.
    [*=left]Albion could remain winless in their opening eight league fixtures of a calendar year for the first time since 1998 in the fourth tier.
    [*=left]They have conceded first in four successive Premier League games, but have come back to draw their last three.
    [*=left]Brighton have never won a Premier League home game when conceding first (D10, L14).
    [*=left]They have kept one clean sheet in 16 league matches.
    [*=left]Mathew Ryan and Lewis Dunk are one short of becoming the first players to make 100 Premier League appearances for Brighton.
    [*=left]Glenn Murray has scored in his last four appearances against Palace.
Crystal Palace

• [*=left]Crystal Palace are looking to win back-to-back Premier League games for the first time since December. However, the Eagles are winless in their last six away league games (D4, L2).
    [*=left]Their victory against Newcastle was a first in eight Premier League matches, and a first clean sheet in 11.
    [*=left]They have lost only one of their 10 Premier League fixtures against teams currently below them in the table.
    [*=left]Palace's total of 33 points is their highest at this stage of a top-flight season since 1991-92.
    [*=left]They have the oldest average starting XI in the Premier League this season, aged 29 years and 253 days.
    [*=left]The Eagles have scored a joint-league low 24 Premier League goals this campaign.
    [*=left]Roy Hodgson's Premier League win ratio of 33% at Palace is the lowest at any of the five clubs he has managed in the division.
    [*=left]Wilfried Zaha has scored a career-best six goals versus Brighton.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Thread sponsored by omsung.png
soccerstreams100(dot)tv
soccerstreams(dot)net​

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not confident at all :down:

I don’t remember the last game where I thought ‘Yeah, we’re gonna win this” :shrug:

Still loving the season and looking forward to today’s game though.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I don’t remember the last game where I thought ‘Yeah, we’re gonna win this” :shrug:

Still loving the season and looking forward to today’s game though.

Shef Utd at home was the last time I rocked up to the Amex really confident we’d win, that went well.....

I’ve been awake since ******* 4.40 this morning, can’t sleep, it’s this bloody match, I’m 50 yo FFS, pathetic!!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
With the Leap Day coming around only every 4 years, it's highly unlikely that we end up playing on that day, let alone playing Palace.

Albion....seize the day!

:bhasign:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shef Utd at home was the last time I rocked up to the Amex really confident we’d win, that went well.....

I’ve been awake since ******* 4.40 this morning, can’t sleep, it’s this bloody match, I’m 50 yo FFS, pathetic!!

Same, win and my weekend’s made, lose and it’s ruined. It is fecking pathetic!

Really hoping to be waiting eagerly for tonight’s MOTD

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
37 years of age and been through many of these matches and yet I still couldn’t sleep last night.

On another subject, listening to this weeks various football podcasts and media output, I wish they wouldn’t talk about our games with Palace. If they’re not going to understand our rivalry and keep referring to it as a derby and taking the piss out of it in a really patronising way, I just wish they wouldn’t bother. Grates me every time.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Savage forecast- should be a wild game, weather-wise at least. Wrap up warm folks!

On the plus side, a scarf wrapped round the lower face can double up as a Coronaviris mask [emoji40]

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Anyway to the match.......
I’d lob Ali Mac in, feck it. Tortoise face and his merry band will know nothing about the lad. Nothing to lose IMO.
I’d start Bissouma too, he was my MOTM at their place, they struggled with his running, Palace have got one of the slowest centres of midfield in the league next to us, it’s one of the reasons they set up like they do. I’d be tempted with Alzate too, again for his mobility, possibly rest Mooy who has been out of sorts since his injury.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Anyway to the match.......
I’d lob Ali Mac in, feck it. Tortoise face and his merry band will know nothing about the lad. Nothing to lose IMO.
I’d start Bissouma too, he was my MOTM at their place, they struggled with his running, Palace have got one of the slowest centres of midfield in the league next to us, it’s one of the reasons they set up like they do. I’d be tempted with Alzate too, again for his mobility, possibly rest Mooy who has been out of sorts since his injury.

Agree with all of that. Bissouma was also man of the match at home to Palace last season.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill

Likewise! 4:30 am humming Happy Scumday a la Clare Grogan. 55 years old and should know better!

Will have a traditional blast of The Stone Roses 'This Is The One' before heading down there.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
All Seagulls over UAE are welcome to join [MENTION=1272]bhafc99[/MENTION] and myself from 4:00pm (local time) at the West Beach Sports Bar, Movenpick JBR, Dubai.

Long happy hour late into the evening, Punk IPA on tap and Albion v Palace on the big screen. :smile:

All's that needed now is a great performance by the lads and 3 points.

Let's do this one for BG.

Up the Albion!!

:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here