Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Palace Eve drinking thread

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Trying not to drink at home too much but needed a generous glass of JW-Black to calm the nerves ahead of tomorrow!

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
I had a couple of those big bottles of Desperados while watching the new Narcos. Looking forward to it today, reckon we will do the job!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I met some friends for dinner in Polpo and then went to the Albert for a couple, a red cask ale from a brewery I have forgotten and a Burning Sky Arise. The pub then filled up with about 20 male Bayer Leverkusen fans over for the game. Vibe of the pub changed negatively so we left. I did ask why they were over and they mentioned the Bayer Brighton friendship* thing which still baffles me.

* you may recall I posted about a friend who works for Bayer attending a game a few months back and spoting an Albion flag.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I had this in the Brewdog (Reading) the other day. Couldn’t finish it, I normally love a citrusy IPA, and this one started okay, but got far too sickly by the end.
Maybe it will sit better with you?

I’m not a fan. It’s a bad version of Stone Brewing Tangerine Express....which is a bit stronger in alcohol, taste and way more balanced with bitterness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here