Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] differing Accounts/passwords

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
no, not a list of mine but I just wanted to vent my fury at the sheer number of different bloody accounts and passwords that we are being forced to remember these days. It's bloody impossible...

Banks,
Internet
streaming services
credit cards
work logons
work HR
online ordering
kids nintendo account
school reports
Oyster cards...

the list is bloody endless! (well mine is actually about 45 but you get my drift)

is it just me??? I can't cope anymore:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
no, not a list of mine but I just wanted to vent my fury at the sheer number of different bloody accounts and passwords that we are being forced to remember these days. It's bloody impossible...
Just write most of them down at home. Leave some important bank information out, but the real danger is people online getting your stuff, not people in your house.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
letmein is the best password, very easy to remember. If they insist on a number as well, letmein1 .

Sage used that as a login password on new systems years ago. I remember thinking “WTF are they doing using a German sounding word for the password” :dunce:

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
I have put them all in an email and sent them to my Russian bride-to-be.

She asked me to make sure my bank details were top of the list.

It really shows how much she cares.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Use a password manager. I have 440 passwords, one to remember with some strong security around it. There are several now that work across platforms.

We’ve got this at work and it drives me nuts - mainly because we have so many systems from different providers. Our password manager system doesn’t work on all of them and then messes up my remote login when I want to work from home.

I’ve had to write down which systems it works with and then the passwords for the ones which don’t. Which kind of defeats the object.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I often wonder what will happen when I die. All my bank accounts, utility bills etc. are online, absolutely no paper trails. I guess my sons will have fun (not), trying to sort it all out.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Bear in mind if you use the same passwords for things, then one breach and the baddies have a lot of access. Obviously most of us will have a few tiers of passwords (letmein for the crappy sites, a medium one for social etc and then a strong one for commerce / banking), but I still think it's worth getting a password manager and having strong passwords for everything. It's very easy to know whether you've used a particular password on a site/service that has been hacked

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Keep it simple, use '12345' or 'Password'.

I do.
You can't. Some logins will require a minimum of 8 characters, some insist on a mixture of letters and numbers, some insist that the letters include capitals too, and some won't let you in unless you add a symbol as well. And if you get locked out and request to reset your password, some systems won't let you use the one you've had before. So, just taking 'password' as an examplethat can leave you with:
password
Password
passw0rd
Passw0rd
password!
Password!
password10, 11,12, 13 ................
....and so on; more than enough to get locked out if you don't remember which one you use.

And some systems just won't accept a 'weak' or 'medium' password - you have to go strong, which'll involve something like QwE3&@jKjhF78#
Now just try f***in' remembering that in a hurry!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here