Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I love this pic

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I know I'm a soppy old sod but I love this image that arrived with the latest Albion newsletter. In these rubbish times, look at that image - just about every single person including the steward has a big broad smile - the true unifying effect of following the Albion and what it's all about. Anyone know exactly what they are all smiling at - I'm assuming it's in the aftermath of a goal but it seems to be after the celebrations. I sort of can't stop looking at it - old and young, male and female all with the same expression. Credit to Paul Hazelwood. Amex-Fans-F.jpg

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex
AJ overhead goal perhaps?

Edit: though tbf they appear to be looking further upfield? Plus AJ's goal was more of a collective "WTF?" reaction! :)

You're right, great image though!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
N, n, n, n, n, n, n, n...

...this my take a while...

n, n, n, n, n, n...

,,,,back in a minute.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think it looks more like an opposition player red card reaction. Lots of people laughing, and not that many with raised arms.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That looks to me like an "opposition player completely fluffs a shot" type reaction. A sort of laughing cheer.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is it where is Graham Potter - looks like he is in the middle of the photo next to the boy with the red hoodie

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I know I'm a soppy old sod but I love this image that arrived with the latest Albion newsletter. In these rubbish times, look at that image - just about every single person including the steward has a big broad smile - the true unifying effect of following the Albion and what it's all about. Anyone know exactly what they are all smiling at - I'm assuming it's in the aftermath of a goal but it seems to be after the celebrations. I sort of can't stop looking at it - old and young, male and female all with the same expression. Credit to Paul Hazelwood. View attachment 120574

I reckon its the cheering of Watfords own goal repeatedly a few weeks back. Everyones looking the same way and would suggest one focus apposed to a normal goal celebration.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Maybe it was the incredulity of a penalty given for the trip by Keane on Connolly?

el punal

I know I'm a soppy old sod but I love this image that arrived with the latest Albion newsletter. In these rubbish times, look at that image - just about every single person including the steward has a big broad smile - the true unifying effect of following the Albion and what it's all about. Anyone know exactly what they are all smiling at - I'm assuming it's in the aftermath of a goal but it seems to be after the celebrations. I sort of can't stop looking at it - old and young, male and female all with the same expression. Credit to Paul Hazelwood. View attachment 120574

Mat Ryan trying on a pair of high heels.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That can't have been taken anytime recently then. When was an opposition player last dismissed at ther Amex?

A bit off-topic but I was thinking this just the other day. I'm pretty sure the last one was Madison. Am I right in thinking that since we've been in the PL, only Leicester have had a player sent off against us at the Amex (and they've had two)? It doesn't seem right to me but I couldn't think of another off the top of my head

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here