Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take a point against Palace now?

Would you take a point against Palace now?

• Yes - anything to avoid the pain of defeat

Votes: 44 19.5%
  • No - man up - we can do this!

Votes: 182 80.5%

• Total voters

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
No, totally out played them for 75 minutes at Selhurst, same again with better finishing and the 3 points will be ours for the taking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I want the win, and think we can do it. But with Palace games my overriding opinion is always 'just dont lose!!!'.

They'll be desperate to take something from us... So if we come away with a draw, which i think is highly likely, then i dont see that as a terrible result. From the remaining 11 games we need a minimum of 10 points, so 2 wins & 4 draws or 3 wins & 1 draw, which will leave us on 38 points & hopefully a decent goal difference. Im hoping thats enough.... but it'll be very tight. Those 2 wins (or more if we want a bit more breathing space) I think are far more likely to come against teams like Newcastle, Southampton, Burnley, Norwich, or even United & Arsenal at home.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder how many on here will be saying I’ll settle for a point” tomorrow if we are 0-1 down after 70 mins :lolol:

Derby games, form goes out of the window and the most important thing is not to lose....imo

I don’t have enough confidence in us being able to stop Palace’s away tactics of hitting teams on the break to go gung ho about this and expect us to win.

Thinking of changing my user name to “Take a Point Seagull”. As I seem to be saying this every game now

When I was younger I would always expect us to beat Palace, these days I crap myself before every game against them :down: It does make the wins so much sweeter though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No. Win required.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No. A win and a defeat are better than two draws, so beating Palace and then losing to Wolves next week will be much better (for all sorts of reasons) than two battling draws.

(Obviously if we're 1 down going into the 90th minute then yes, I'll settle for a draw!)

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
No, we win to win this one. We are running out of games which, on paper, look winnable. Will need cool heads and the first goal to help settle the nerves.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's a home game, v Palace. Of course I bloody wouldn't.
Nothing to fear here, apart from a ref that might get hoodwinked by Mr Tumble or an overly wound up Albion player flying in early doors

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I will not take a Palace point, i will not see delight conjoint.
I will not have a draw that day, i will not share the spoils, no way.
I will not tolerate their dives, i will not let us help their lives.
I do not like the Palace fans, I do not like them Sam I am.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
A point per game is what is needed to stay up so a point is fine.

Assuming there are losses to Man City and Liverpool. If every other game is drawn then only one win needed to get that point per game between now and the end of the season. That's the theory I am sort of working on to stay up.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
1 wouldn’t be a disaster, but winnable games at home are diminishing rapidly and this may be the last one that is more than likely.

Palace have the habit of playing well away, but if we get at them quick, with a hurricane blowing, we may be out of sight at half time.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Nope 3 points a must just to get one over on them again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I wonder how many on here will be saying I’ll settle for a point” tomorrow if we are 0-1 down after 70 mins :lolol:

Derby games, form goes out of the window and the most important thing is not to lose....imo

I don’t have enough confidence in us being able to stop Palace’s away tactics of hitting teams on the break to go gung ho about this and expect us to win.

Thinking of changing my user name to “Take a Point Seagull”. As I seem to be saying this every game now

When I was younger I would always expect us to beat Palace, these days I crap myself before every game against them :down: It does make the wins so much sweeter though.

The question was 'now' :lolol::lolol: Ask me again at 2pm

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hell no, I want 3 points.
No I want 3 points and a stuffing.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No I would NOT take a point if offered for the main reason I'm sick to death of the media saying we haven't yet won a match in 2020 like we're a shit version of Norwich.

If we do win the next stat will probably be "only 1 clean sheet in 17".

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
What lilly-livered idiots said yes!? Presumably the many Palace infiltrators on here.

We love you, we love you, we love you
Our songs are embarrassing shit
Woooooo-wooohhh, Wooooo-oooo

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
More than happy to set-up Championship style away against Champions League chasing Sheff Utd and nab a draw.

Not so tomorrow.

We NEED 3 points. March and April offer very few realistic points so we have to make the most of home advantage against a one dimensional dull team.

We must aim for the win!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here