Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Locadia AWOL?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
He had a pretty short timeframe to get his visa sorted, even if they expedited it which I'm sure they did. Looks like he's waiting for it before flying to the US which he would need to do.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
He had a pretty short timeframe to get his visa sorted, even if they expedited it which I'm sure they did. Looks like he's waiting for it before flying to the US which he would need to do.

Maybe. If he's applied for a visa under some 'exceptional talent' category, that might have raised a red flag if they checked his recent form. :glare:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He had visa issues I think. Unless you want to make up some story ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Thought he was already there and had a bunch of fans welcome him at the airport like any team would with such a marquee signing ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Thought he was already there and had a bunch of fans welcome him at the airport like any team would with such a marquee signing ?

Perhaps it is like Mac Allister. He went to Lancing, but without a work permit / visa couldn't even kick a ball or train.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I'm going to the FC Cincinnati v New York Red Bulls game this Sunday - would be good if they've sorted out the immigration issues and he can play

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Am I right in thinking that the Dutch coach who was responsible for getting him in has left the club ?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA

Being as unfortunately au fait with the US visa system as I am - imagine he entered on an ESTA which he can do for business meetings etc but to actually play and be paid he'll need his full visa in place. Even expediting as a superstar celeb footballer, its a solid week of paperwork with everyone working overtime to get everything in order to submit, then a 14 day turnaround with the extra expediting fee just to get a decision, then you have to visit the embassy in your home country to get the passport stamped which used to be a 1/2 day wait but is out of control right now and up to 28 days for the appt and then about 3-4 working days to get your passport back. Imagine they could at least finesse that bit but I would think an absolute minimum 3.5-4 weeks with zero issues or drama, of which there is often plenty. So could definitely see him sitting in a hotel at Schiphol waiting for his passport to be delivered over the last couple of days...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Being as unfortunately au fait with the US visa system as I am - imagine he entered on an ESTA which he can do for business meetings etc but to actually play and be paid he'll need his full visa in place. Even expediting as a superstar celeb footballer, its a solid week of paperwork with everyone working overtime to get everything in order to submit, then a 14 day turnaround with the extra expediting fee just to get a decision, then you have to visit the embassy in your home country to get the passport stamped which used to be a 1/2 day wait but is out of control right now and up to 28 days for the appt and then about 3-4 working days to get your passport back. Imagine they could at least finesse that bit but I would think an absolute minimum 3.5-4 weeks with zero issues or drama, of which there is often plenty. So could definitely see him sitting in a hotel at Schiphol waiting for his passport to be delivered over the last couple of days...

Yeah I know. I was taking the piss [emoji23][emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here