Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ticket Exchange sell-side open for Palace

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...I assume so anyway, as there seems to be around 550 seats available for sale now, with a distribution across most/all parts of the ground.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Early kick-offs are so shite.

My son plays for his under 9s team on Saturday mornings but had it been a 3pm kick off I would have been all over that.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Palace usually has a lower attendance. Most that don’t go have kids, the others hate the 12.30 kick off.
Thing is, if we win, they are the best games of the season.

St.Paddys day massacre was a 12noon! What a party afterwards! Same again??

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Will still get someone posting ‘We didn’t sell out Palace last season’ this time next year. When in fact we’ve sold out all our PL games vs them.

As we have S1F open, we’ll probably have more Albion fans at this game than most this season, as long as we don’t have loads more ST no-shows than usual.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Palace usually has a lower attendance. Most that don’t go have kids, the others hate the 12.30 kick off.
Thing is, if we win, they are the best games of the season.

St.Paddys day massacre was a 12noon! What a party afterwards! Same again??

Why so some fans with kids choose not to go to this one particularly ... the hateful atmosphere?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why so some fans with kids choose not to go to this one particularly ... the hateful atmosphere?

I've convinced my boss and his son (9) to come to the game, because of the atmosphere.

They've been to 3 or 4 games really enjoyed them, but for all the reasons I bibble on about, im usually left thinking 'if only'.

Hopefully, tomorrow, they will continue to experience The AMEX in all its glory, but with the added bonus of that extra 10% I do nothing to generate.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I think they have left this a bit late. Only just over 100 available on Tues when I tried to get 2 . Too late now as they have made other arrangements.

el punal

I think they have left this a bit late. Only just over 100 available on Tues when I tried to get 2 . Too late now as they have made other arrangements.

It’s the way it is. Usually returned tickets from club players’ friends and family, guests etc. In the past I’ve managed to blag tickets for away games a couple of days before the match because of this.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

Possibly. My former manager took his two young sons (6 and 8 years old) last season and as they left they were spat at and verbally abused as they made there way to the station by a group of Palace fans and understandably were pretty upset. He has put his seat and those of his two sons on the ticket exchange this year because of that. Sad but not a complete surprise.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can see that my neighbour has put his ticket up for sale, but there's no way I'm paying £42 for my 9-y-o to come unfortunately.

Whilst I understand why re-sale tickets are sold at adult prices only, it can be slightly frustrating.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I'm sure I saw on twitter that Palace haven't sold out yet? Although that was a couple of days ago

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm sure I saw on twitter that Palace haven't sold out yet? Although that was a couple of days ago

Palace supporting mate text me in the week. Apparently they put tickets aside from the mongs in the bottom corner of the Holmesdale and they either:

a) haven't sold out
b) their mums won't let them go to the seaside on their own
c) aren't coming
d) balaclava's are in the wash
e) are an embarrassment
f) all of the above

So have gone back on general sale.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Possibly. My former manager took his two young sons (6 and 8 years old) last season and as they left they were spat at and verbally abused as they made there way to the station by a group of Palace fans and understandably were pretty upset. He has put his seat and those of his two sons on the ticket exchange this year because of that. Sad but not a complete surprise.

Must have been really unlucky as I've been to all our Palace home games using the trains, mostly with kids in tow, and never experienced anything remotely close to that.

That said, after a 3-1 win, I'm generally hanging around for a beer, maybe a hotdog for the kids, and generally most of the twats have gone by then.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I can see that my neighbour has put his ticket up for sale, but there's no way I'm paying £42 for my 9-y-o to come unfortunately.

Whilst I understand why re-sale tickets are sold at adult prices only, it can be slightly frustrating.

Agreed.

It also invariably means that adults - or pairs of adults - buy tickets in the family section and go sans-kids, which is against the club's own rules for the section. :shrug:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
There are a lot of tickets for sale. Is this the morning kick off, the weather, the extra hassle from it being Palace, all 3 or something else.

My son can't go as he's in hospital but I haven't listed his ticket seeing as there are so many on sale already.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
...I assume so anyway, as there seems to be around 550 seats available for sale now, with a distribution across most/all parts of the ground.

Three big reasons for this l feel . . .

The lunchtime kick-off.

The inclement weather predicted.

and the fact that the opposition is Crystal palace, and all the possible shenanigans that can poterntially bring.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Early kickoff
Awful weather
Train issues from Eastbourne/Hastings
Fear of something kicking off with the goon squad putting people off
Exchange tickets only available at adult prices
Usual number of no-show STHs regardless of game/oppo

All contribute, will be quite a few empty seats I'd expect (official attendance guess 30,136 - bit down on normal as the Goons don't seem to have sold out, and segregation area will be a bigger than normal)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here