Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Has your business been affected by Corona virus?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We’ve had hand sanitiser in the office for the last 3 weeks and I would suggest an employer not doing so now, is not protecting its staff!

Why? You’ve toilets with soup in em I presume? It’s this sort of nonsense (no offence) that is at the heart of the problem. Wash your hands. Hand over mouth when sneezing or tissue/ hanky, just like your grannie taught you. No need for gel dispenses popping up everywhere. Good basic everyday hygiene (and manners) which appears to have come as a surprise to an entire generation of snowflakes who just can’t wait to get panicking!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Because the British public is by and large stupid. It’s as simple as that I’m afraid. Look at the ex prats and tourists demanding government intervention. The sense of entitlement was breathtaking. And those idiots on the Cruise ship and their so called adult son too continually bleating on...strewth!

Not too far a step from the verbal attacks on Asians that are happening....very good friend of ours (Chinese parents but British herself) has already been told in the street to ‘**** off back to China with your virus’. She hasn’t been anywhere near China in years (irony being she was with my Mrs, and it was 2 days after we got back from a trip that included Macau, Thailand and Hong Kong [emoji849][emoji849]).

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Because the British public is by and large stupid. It’s as simple as that I’m afraid. Look at the ex prats and tourists demanding government intervention. The sense of entitlement was breathtaking. And those idiots on the Cruise ship and their so called adult son too continually bleating on...strewth!

Completely agree with you.

And the press have a lot to answer for as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Why? You’ve toilets with soup in em I presume? It’s this sort of nonsense (no offence) that is at the heart of the problem. Wash your hands. Hand over mouth when sneezing or tissue/ hanky, just like your grannie taught you. No need for gel dispenses popping up everywhere. Good basic everyday hygiene (and manners) which appears to have come as a surprise to an entire generation of snowflakes who just can’t wait to get panicking!!

Agree wholeheartedly with your comments regarding hand washing & personal hygiene - remember kids that it's two verses of 'Happy Birthday' to measure the ideal duration for your hand washing, it's such a simple & effective solution (not sure soup would be any good though, ahem :whistle:).

But I do believe that sanitising hand gels are a useful addition to your routine as you're not always going to be near a bathroom (with soup contained within or otherwise), & the NHS appears to have plenty of the stuff dotted around their sites - although my nurse O/H tells me that they suggest that you only use two applications of gel to every one proper hand washing to avoid any loss of effectiveness.

It's a subject close to my heart since being diagnosed with neutropenia a couple of years back (not producing enough virus-fighting white blood cells), so I'm probably a little more fixated on the issue than most need be, but it seems the rest of the world might be catching up with me a little!

..now to press 'Submit Reply' by which time [MENTION=663]portlock seagull[/MENTION] will have edited out his use of the word soup making the above appear even less coherent than it might otherwise :lol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It looks like it will certainly speed up the process now.

One of the design engineers I'm working with has spent a significant proportion of his career drawing and detailing stuff for 'big boats'

If you get sick on one, it's pretty much a closed circuit. . . You don't need to be much smarter than the tour sales rep to realise that surely?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Carnage in the financial markets.

Lots of gallows humour on the trading floor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most of them should be on the gallows anyway.

As for hand sanitisers in offices FFS! You'd be better of going for a walk/bike ride on the South Downs or beach, tripping over and getting a face full. Natural antibodies. Natural immunity.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Does anyone remember hancocks half hour, the blood donor?

One of the lines he sang whilst in the waiting room......”coughs and sneezes spread diseases, catch them in your handkerchief” on a poster on the wall

That was in the 50’s/early 60’s .

What goes around comes around.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I know you're old school back-office but, after that, I hope you get the same commission as sales :wink:

God no!

No pay rises, no bonuses.no nothing!

Brexit is taking its toll too.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Agree wholeheartedly with your comments regarding hand washing & personal hygiene - remember kids that it's two verses of 'Happy Birthday' to measure the ideal duration for your hand washing, it's such a simple & effective solution (not sure soup would be any good though, ahem :whistle:).

But I do believe that sanitising hand gels are a useful addition to your routine as you're not always going to be near a bathroom (with soup contained within or otherwise), & the NHS appears to have plenty of the stuff dotted around their sites - although my nurse O/H tells me that they suggest that you only use two applications of gel to every one proper hand washing to avoid any loss of effectiveness.

It's a subject close to my heart since being diagnosed with neutropenia a couple of years back (not producing enough virus-fighting white blood cells), so I'm probably a little more fixated on the issue than most need be, but it seems the rest of the world might be catching up with me a little!

..now to press 'Submit Reply' by which time [MENTION=663]portlock seagull[/MENTION] will have edited out his use of the word soup making the above appear even less coherent than it might otherwise :lol:

Damned predictive text! I need to CLEAN up my act! :O

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not too far a step from the verbal attacks on Asians that are happening....very good friend of ours (Chinese parents but British herself) has already been told in the street to ‘**** off back to China with your virus’. She hasn’t been anywhere near China in years (irony being she was with my Mrs, and it was 2 days after we got back from a trip that included Macau, Thailand and Hong Kong [emoji849][emoji849]).

Bloody hell! What is wrong with people?! Idiots, absolute tools not to mention how deeply offensive they are. Same fools probably thought Spanish Flu came from Spain an/or effects Spaniards only. :dunce:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yes but teaching mostly sports to International School kids in SEAsia is gonna be prime territory. And at least protective families are getting bored so after a lull it looks like will be a boom to make up for it once everything settles. Lots of bookings if they push through.

And well back in Hong Kong where I was for a while before, looks far worse so counting my blessings. More time for NSC too :albion2:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
My company mostly works out of elementary schools so the Japanese government closing every school in the country has chopped my working hours in half. Short term not a problem - I get lots more free time but if they don't re-open in April then my pay checks will start being sorry looking affairs.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Geneva Motor Show cancelled (as well as any event with more than 1,000 people), means I'll lose out on a load of work next week. But the car manufacturers are trying to work around it, so all is (hopefully) not lost...

I think this could the tip of the iceberg though. Wouldn't surprise me if sporting fixtures and events in the UK follow suit and get cancelled as the virus spreads (I read that almost every country in the world was going to get it or be affected in some way). You never know, they might call off the football season, so there'll be no threat of relegation :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here