Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Has your business been affected by Corona virus?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have felt a small downturn in the travel business but a few of our clients who manufacture equipment seem to be harder hit so far. There are so many electrical components that come from China, which are apparently drying up.

We do very little with China so have avoided too much drama....so far

How’s about you guys? Are you affected?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We are on standby for companies who close their offices, like the one in Canary Wharf and we will recover their systems so their staff can work from home or at one of our centres around the world.

So far only a few companies have done so, mainly with Far Eastern offices.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Some of the Contractors we deal with in New York are telling us to expect an increase in cost for major building materials sourced from China like cladding and steel products as production of these materials will be reduced due to factory shutdowns. It may only be a temporary blip but it will have an effect on the availability and cost of some construction materials

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We have felt a small downturn in the travel business but a few of our clients who manufacture equipment seem to be harder hit so far. There are so many electrical components that come from China, which are apparently drying up.

We do very little with China so have avoided too much drama....so far

How’s about you guys? Are you affected?

I thought you were very early retired! You're actively NSC posting anytime, any place. :smile:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I mostly run my business from home and yet still ended up with the worst cold virus in over 20 years that I can recall. It has knocked me sideways for about 9 days and counting.... My symptoms are very similar to the Corona virus but the closest contact I have had to China was a takeaway about 3 weeks ago!

Business luckily, has not been affected due to a fairly quiet week. Anything I need to do this week can wait until I feel up to it.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Come Monday morning I expect a few workplaces to have people off through suffering more like from Stella and Magners virus.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
More than 30% of my team are based in Asia (with a concentration in HK and China). They’re all confined to homeworking until further notice and their personal lives have been massively impacted as you can imagine. Pretty much all business travel to/from and within Asia has been suspended (and other locations now being added). The homeworking directive is also becoming a problem in that certain things really need to be done on site, and there are so many people now working remotely the VPN bandwidth is inadequate.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Well it looks like KSA might blanket ban anyone who’s been to Italy in the past 14 days, rather than just the affected parts of northern Italy. So my halfterm trip to Rome could get me out of weekly trips to Riyadh and Jeddah for another week! Yay!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
A buying trip to Italy we had organised for next month has been cancelled by the client in Tuscany. Completely understandable but it's a couple of grand off the order book.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not yet but I'm starting a new job next Tuesday and am starting to wonder whether it's a stupid time to put myself on a probationary period what with this and Brexit.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
More than 30% of my team are based in Asia (with a concentration in HK and China). They’re all confined to homeworking until further notice and their personal lives have been massively impacted as you can imagine. Pretty much all business travel to/from and within Asia has been suspended (and other locations now being added). The homeworking directive is also becoming a problem in that certain things really need to be done on site, and there are so many people now working remotely the VPN bandwidth is inadequate.

This.

Expecting potential central London office shutdown in next week or so and based on prior ‘test’ of VPN on one of our Business Continuity Plan Test days when it fell over expecting the worst this time round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here