Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coronavirus Precautions At The Amex On Saturday?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not heard a peep from the club. Not even a thousand words from Barber. What gives? Bearing in mind Saturday's game will be the biggest single gathering of locals and recently-jetted-in football tourists by far since the hugely-hyped crisis broke, would be amazed if there wasn't some kind of enforced hand-washing regime in place. And I don't mean the two token wash hand basins and half-arsed hand driers in the bogs that are supposed to serve hundreds of punters in a small number of minutes

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not heard a peep from the club. Not even a thousand words from Barber. What gives? Bearing in mind Saturday's game will be the biggest single gathering of locals and recently-jetted-in football tourists by far since the hugely-hyped crisis broke, would be amazed if there wasn't some kind of enforced hand-washing regime in place. And I don't mean the two token wash hand basins and half-arsed hand driers in the bogs that are supposed to serve hundreds of punters in a small number of minutes

There are far worse things you can catch from that lot up the road, to worry about a silly cold.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I’ve been trying to get some face masks as a precaution, but they seem to be sold out everywhere.......the only mask I can get delivered in time from Saturday is a Gimp Mask.....so I’ll be wearing that to stop me getting Coronavirus.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010

You could just opt not to attend if you are worried. :moo:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Millwall fans were early pioneers in preventative medicine, but crucially forgot to cover the airways.

post-3746-12985411566961.jpg

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Yep Sussex and Croydon the new hotspots of Covid-19.

How many confirmed cases have there been now ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No one’s getting a kiss or a handshake from me. I did try and buy a tube of antiseptic gel today, the chemist laughed at me. I also might go straight to me seat on arrival and stay there until 20 mins after the final whistle too :wink:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I’ve been trying to get some face masks as a precaution, but they seem to be sold out everywhere.......the only mask I can get delivered in time from Saturday is a Gimp Mask.....so I’ll be wearing that to stop me getting Coronavirus.

Face masks only worthwhile if they cover the eyes as well

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
15 cases in the UK, in a population of over 66million people.

The country really has gone completely insane over this.

el punal

What do you suggest? There are thousands of gatherings, sports related or otherwise, up and down the country. Cancel them all? Every organising body to issue a statement on what should be done? As it stands there are 15 reported cases of Coronavirus in the U.K. Sorry, but if you’re so concerned stay at home and pull up the drawbridge. :shrug:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
15 cases in the UK, in a population of over 66million people.

The country really has gone completely insane over this.

I think if you have very elderly parents or grandparents, then it is hardly insane to take the cautious approach. Both my parents in law are in their late 80’s so I prefer cautious to cavalier.

Very interesting news coming out of China that people who tested positive, did their quarantine and were declared clear, have now got it again. That does tend to suggest that the body’s immune system has a problem with it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What do you suggest? There are thousands of gatherings, sports related or otherwise, up and down the country. Cancel them all? Every organising body to issue a statement on what should be done? As it stands there are 15 reported cases of Coronavirus in the U.K. Sorry, but if you’re so concerned stay at home and pull up the drawbridge. :shrug:

If you live with anybody who has breathing problems it concentrates the mind a bit more. Most of us will probably be fine, if in reasonable health but if you have regular contact with elderly or less healthy people it is a concern...imo

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here