NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very brave of them to actually name a year in this press release

Well, we’ve had dates before....I am not holding my breath just yet. That said it has got further than before as airlines have now been allocated terminals. And something new is that the current Schönefeld airport will be rebranded as Terminal 5 and serve the low cost airlines. Tegel is apparently being given over to Tesla cars.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
3rd runway at Heathrow & 2nd runway at Gatwick please.

Environmental impact is an irrelevance as in the future planes will be hydrogen powered or other synthetic clean fuel@%1;

What could possibly go wrong? Aircraft full of hydrogen crossing the Atlantic and, say, landing at, for example, Lakehurst Naval Air station!!

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Battles not over yet but this was my line of argument years ago. I don’t give a shit about whatever jobs and prosperity it brings. I want to breath clean air instead. The tossers making the decisions scoot off to their country pads leaving us to suck on fumes. Small victory today but we just can’t go on putting climate down the bottom of every priority list. Enough is enough.

Enough is enough with sanctimonious bores who are part of the climate change cult.

I am flying away this weekend. Deal with it.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Maybe time for a carbon allowance, if you don't use it you can sell it on, ultimately it will limit air travel growth. VAT on internal flights to help fund rail expansion

Problem is bigger airports means, its more cars and more roads, it will never end.

That is fair enough.

And when you have a child or if you have children already, you lose 50% of your allowance. And it then drops with every child you have.

Fair is fair? Why should the childless pay the price for the irresponsible?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• 646ECA3A-4172-4257-B7FA-02534D0FB6AE.jpeg
    646ECA3A-4172-4257-B7FA-02534D0FB6AE.jpeg
    384.9 KB · Views: 99

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Battles not over yet but this was my line of argument years ago. I don’t give a shit about whatever jobs and prosperity it brings. I want to breath clean air instead. The tossers making the decisions scoot off to their country pads leaving us to suck on fumes. Small victory today but we just can’t go on putting climate down the bottom of every priority list. Enough is enough.

From what I've read, it should be near the bottom, from both a global economic and humane standpoint.

Best thing we can possibly do with time and money is to lift the world out of desperate poverty.

Carry on buying the social manipulation and hysteria though.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Apologies if this has already been raised but I thought Johnson was against the judiciary making decisions on political issues of this kind. I suppose they're only enemies of the people when you don't like the judgement.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1233405065119117312[/tweet]

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
From what I've read, it should be near the bottom, from both a global economic and humane standpoint.

Best thing we can possibly do with time and money is to lift the world out of desperate poverty.

Carry on buying the social manipulation and hysteria though.

I...umm...oh never mind.

Words fail me. Beyond saying that I truly have no idea what you've been reading!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Mr Lomborg is in a very small minority and is not taken seriously by serious people. And hasn't been for quite a while

http://www.lse.ac.uk/GranthamInstit...information-about-climate-change-and-poverty/
https://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2015/02/03/bjorn-lomborg-did-not-get-facts-straight

etc etc etc

His arguments have been examined and critqued at length, over many years, so anyone with google can decide for themselves.

Taken seriously enough to recently be hosted by Bill Gates and other multi-billionaires who have committed to giving half their fortunes away upon death.

I guess that counts as a minority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here