Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Heathrow Expansion

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Heathrow third runway ruled "illegal" over climate change for not adequately taking into account the government’s climate change commitments.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51658693

700 more planes a day by 2028, surely flies in the face of net zero emissions by 2050?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Heathrow third runway ruled "illegal" over climate change for not adequately taking into account the government’s climate change commitments.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51658693

700 more planes a day by 2028, surely flies in the face of net zero emissions by 2050?

All those people hanging on in Harmondsworth for big money payouts for their houses :lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Battles not over yet but this was my line of argument years ago. I don’t give a shit about whatever jobs and prosperity it brings. I want to breath clean air instead. The tossers making the decisions scoot off to their country pads leaving us to suck on fumes. Small victory today but we just can’t go on putting climate down the bottom of every priority list. Enough is enough.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Battles not over yet but this was my line of argument years ago. I don’t give a shit about whatever jobs and prosperity it brings. I want to breath clean air instead. The tossers making the decisions scoot off to their country pads leaving us to suck on fumes. Small victory today but we just can’t go on putting climate down the bottom of every priority list. Enough is enough.
This.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
3rd runway at Heathrow & 2nd runway at Gatwick please.

Environmental impact is an irrelevance as in the future planes will be hydrogen powered or other synthetic clean fuel@%1;

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
interesting conflict of priorities being played out here. do the public want cheap air travel to holidays abroad or cleaner air and reduced green house gases?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Maybe time for a carbon allowance, if you don't use it you can sell it on, ultimately it will limit air travel growth. VAT on internal flights to help fund rail expansion

Problem is bigger airports means, its more cars and more roads, it will never end.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I did hear a rumour that the third runway at LHR, was being funded by NSC for [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] personal holiday hub getaway :whistle:
You know, those special MOD perks:wink:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Maybe time for a carbon allowance, if you don't use it you can sell it on, ultimately it will limit air travel growth.

its will make people focus on what they really want or need to do.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Government have confirmed they won’t appeal the decision! No surprise there seeing who the PM is ...

Maybe it was shrewd to continue with the M23 smart motorway improvements after all....

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Will there now be a new proposal for the "Boris Island" Airport in the Thames Estuary?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Will there now be a new proposal for the "Boris Island" Airport in the Thames Estuary?

As if our PM would be so vainglorious as to do such a thing...

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

The cost of building this in the middle of nowhere airport would be crazy longer journey in cars lorries for deliveries etc
Make shoreham bigger [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
interesting conflict of priorities being played out here. do the public want cheap air travel to holidays abroad or cleaner air and reduced green house gases?

Cheaper flights obviously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here