Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] They Played For Both Brighton and Palace or managed/trained/physio etc......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
2019-01-paul-mcshane-800x445.jpg

Jack Hackett

Jul 3, 2007
Dean Blackwell. Joined at the sign time as Simon Rodger. Both quality players but Blackwell was plagued by knee injuries.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Kemy Agustein

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Why?

You should have booed the directors sitting in the stand who threw him under the bus when Wilfred Shaffer blew the Albion out at Heathrow Airport.

It’s a fair point you make, and there were obviously other reasons why he wasn’t appointed until the eve of that new season too.

I just feel that he was hugely out of his depth with no ideas, and simply just not very good at his job.
It honestly irked me to call for his head in what turned out to be his final game (I’d been patient!), but in my lifetime, I’ve had faith in all of the managers we’ve had and never called for any of them to be sacked before or since his tenure.
Being more mature/experienced/laid back now, I doubt I’d do it if it were today, because there are more important things in life than boo’ing football employees.

You can tell when the players are not playing for the manager any longer though, and that’s when something’s wrong and needs changing.

I’m yet to ever boo a player though. Not even Leon Best or Ashley Neal!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Ian Chapman famously turned down an offer from Palace after the Albion had released him, because he would have to look at himself in the shaving mirror every morning.

Top man, very sad he never got his testimonial, when others did.

My all time favourite player. Deserved much better.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s a fair point you make, and there were obviously other reasons why he wasn’t appointed until the eve of that new season too.

I just feel that he was hugely out of his depth with no ideas, and simply just not very good at his job.
It honestly irked me to call for his head in what turned out to be his final game (I’d been patient!), but in my lifetime, I’ve had faith in all of the managers we’ve had and never called for any of them to be sacked before or since his tenure.
Being more mature/experienced/laid back now, I doubt I’d do it if it were today, because there are more important things in life than boo’ing football employees.

You can tell when the players are not playing for the manager any longer though, and that’s when something’s wrong and needs changing.

I’m yet to ever boo a player though. Not even Leon Best or Ashley Neal!

You didn’t make an exception for Akpom? He was worse than that Icelandic International we had at Gillingham which is hard to believe.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
You didn’t make an exception for Akpom? He was worse than that Icelandic International we had at Gillingham which is hard to believe.

Ah yes. Vilur Gislasson? Useless!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Michael+Johnson+Steven+Thompson+Brighton+Hove+vYSUfeM8YYUl.jpg

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Gary Borrowdale

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Peter Taylor, who gave us a pre match waffle before the first REMF game.

I can't remember what he said, but 4-4 was as entertaining as it gets so it can't have been too bad. especially given were were old farts by comparison th the Palace lads . . .and I was YOOF @ 31!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Peter Taylor, who gave us a pre match waffle before the first REMF game.

I can't remember what he said, but 4-4 was as entertaining as it gets so it can't have been too bad. especially given were were old farts by comparison th the Palace lads . . .and I was YOOF @ 31!
Just out of interest, does anyone have a copy of the team sheet from the first REMF game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here