Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] M23 closed northbound all Saturday ( and rest of March weekends)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A23 to Bolney, then cut across to A24 via Cowfold better ?

Yep, or pease pottage then up through rusper to capel or newdigate. Costing me about £200 to get to this match. All for the love of the frigging Albion, they’d better win or I’m going to like captain caveman come mid afternoon Saturday.:annoyed::angry:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Same with the M27 in my neck of the woods. :shrug:

Yes on our trip down to Salisbury, we hit the very long smart motorway works from Portsmouth to past Southampton...all covered by 50 mph average speed cameras.

Btw, what is it with these people who hammer along up your arse when you are driving along at 50 mph , swerving round you and then slamming on their brakes when they pass a camera and then charge away once they have passed them? So I take it they don’t understand the term “ average speed”?

el punal

Yes on our trip down to Salisbury, we hit the very long smart motorway works from Portsmouth to past Southampton...all covered by 50 mph average speed cameras.

Btw, what is it with these people who hammer along up your arse when you are driving along at 50 mph , swerving round you and then slamming on their brakes when they pass a camera and then charge away once they have passed them? So I take it they don’t understand the term “ average speed”?

A polite term would be idiots. They’ll soon learn when an envelope lands on their doormat containing a notice of prosecution.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A polite term would be idiots. They’ll soon learn when an envelope lands on their doormat containing a notice of prosecution.

...followed by a post on sites such as this trying to work out how they can get out of paying the fine and having the points removed!

el punal

D ucking HEEEEEEELLLL!

This is an absolute nightmare. Already been caught up in a dozen of the previous ones, sometimes they shut without notice and at 10pm it just ain’t funny fighting up to 45mins just to get onto the diversion slip road. Several occasions it’s been impossible to basically Go north and West from Brighton late at night. M23 shut, m25 shut, m4 shut and m40 shut and precious little notice. This country is a fecking nightmare to move around and partly why gave up my ST. Add Sky and the PL utter contempt for fans who actually go to matches and it’s enough to break yer! :rant::angry::drama:

Not wishing to sound facetious but instead of going by road to matches have you considered train travel? I’m fortunate that for weekend games rail travel from Southampton to Brighton is the most convenient (when there’s a service!). Driving along the A27 can be an absolute pain in the arse - yes, I’m talking about you Chichester by-pass, Arundel, Worthing and Sompting!

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Interesting they named these motorways after the chap that first thought of them, take a bow Billy.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not wishing to sound facetious but instead of going by road to matches have you considered train travel? I’m fortunate that for weekend games rail travel from Southampton to Brighton is the most convenient (when there’s a service!). Driving along the A27 can be an absolute pain in the arse - yes, I’m talking about you Chichester by-pass, Arundel, Worthing and Sompting!

I typically do half and half. Jump on train HH or Balcombe having driven round the m25 from Bucks. But also don’t often have the flexibility eg need to look in on elderly parent whilst down that way; eg this weekend I’m setting off from Norwich 6am Saturday. Fecking Sky! Then there’s the Bus replacement services when engineering works. Yep, it’s why local non league is increasingly more attractive. Take dog. Pint on Terraces. Cracking atmosphere too!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So the Palace fans can get in on Saturday but we can't easily get shot of them afterwards? Sake.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So, question for any knowledgeable people.

I'll be going back to Essex, do you think the A24 to M25 would be quicker than A22 (diversion route) or A26/A21?
A26/A22 to Maresfield then over the Ashdown forest to Hartfield, Edenbridge then to Sevenoaks. That's the way I always go when down that way, avoids Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
A26/A22 to Maresfield then over the Ashdown forest to Hartfield, Edenbridge then to Sevenoaks. That's the way I always go when down that way, avoids Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge.

I reckon that's more or less the route I ended up taking, as guided by Google Maps.
Was very surprised to join the A21 about 5 miles from M25 J5

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
My Google Maps also took me that route. It included going along a tiny flooded road with barriers at each end though!

Didn't manage to get to that road, had a couple of miles of a 20 limit though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here