BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Brilliant band, very sad.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Well that's a shame. Always sad to hear of the loss of a creative soul. I have a pretty extensive musical knowledge, yet somehow thought Hope Sandoval was actually a singer called Mazzy Star with a backing band (as in perhaps Marilyn Star). That's my 'learn something new every day' sorted for today.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
With the amount of amazing talent that has passed away over the last 10 years, to name just a few -

Amy Winehouse
David Bowie
Michael Jackson
Prince
George Michael
Whitney Houston

I struggle to find anyone that has emerged over the last 10 - 15 years or so that is even vaguely in the same talent league as these artists.

Sadly the quality of popular music has decreased massively over the last decade or two.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
With the amount of amazing talent that has passed away over the last 10 years, to name just a few -

Amy Winehouse
David Bowie
Michael Jackson
Prince
George Michael
Whitney Houston

I struggle to find anyone that has emerged over the last 10 - 15 years or so that is even vaguely in the same talent league as these artists.

Sadly the quality of popular music has decreased massively over the last decade or two.

Do you really feel that the quality has decreased that much? . . . or is it simply a question of us getting older and not appreciating more 'modern' music in the way that we used to?

My favourite decade musically was the 1970's, but l have younger friends and relatives who really rate the music and the artists that are producing it now..

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Do you really feel that the quality has decreased that much? . . . or is it simply a question of us getting older and not appreciating more 'modern' music in the way that we used to?

My favourite decade musically was the 1970's, but l have younger friends and relatives who really rate the music and the artists that are producing it now..

Fully agree, rather than a few who continually listen to and like new music, most people tend to stay close to what they are familiar with. The only time that new music is appreciated is when a music style is brought back into focus by newer artists.
This has nothing to do with the quality of the music but just tastes.

When I first started work, there was a serious collector in the office who was older, and who's tastes basically stopped around 1965 and he was always moaning about how modern music was poorer than that from his era. Move forward to today, and the same will be true for most on here whether their 65 is 75, 85, or.....

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Mazzy star were amazing, Hope Sandoval has to be the sexiest females ever born, such a beautiful voice delivered in a shy and understated way. He was a lucky man ! I was hoping that they would tour again, not to be.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I was in to the grunge scene and alternative rock in the 90’s. Not a lot of lead singers from those great bands left.

Andrew Wood (Mother Love Bone)
Kurt Cobain (Nirvana)
Shannon Hoon (Blind Lemon)
Layne Staley (Alice In Chains)
Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots)
Chris Cornell (Soundgarden)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Hope Sandoval has to be the sexiest females ever born, such a beautiful voice delivered in a shy and understated way. He was a lucky man !

I think the ‘lucky man’ honour goes to William Reid, from the Jesus and Mary Chain. He dated Hope Sandoval; one of the most incredible ‘punching above your weight’ achievements ever.

d21931f084e41ea3cd5dd6aab05269d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Jon lord, Keith Emerson ... the list goes ever on.

Personally, I was born in the 80s btw, I find the late 60s and early 70s to be the best (most creative) era of all. I dislike virtually everything recorded from my birth up until ‘94ish, when bands like Radiohead bought back improved production levels and simply better and visionary song-craft.

But ask me to choose, and I’d be delving into the early 70s for some (of what I consider to be) timeless music.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I was in to the grunge scene and alternative rock in the 90’s. Not a lot of lead singers from those great bands left.

Andrew Wood (Mother Love Bone)
Kurt Cobain (Nirvana)
Shannon Hoon (Blind Lemon)
Layne Staley (Alice In Chains)
Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots)
Chris Cornell (Soundgarden)

...but Tad Doyle soldiers on...

ROtwXHZY_400x400.png

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
Fade Into you is one of my favourite songs ever - one of those songs that instantly transports you back to a moment in time - in this case the early 90s.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Keep an eye out for this lot then in the coming year or so

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...01E7F67046D67202F8FB01E7F67046D67&FORM=WRVORC

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...551A2DAE7101174455B3551&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9PYiJ5z-6U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4VCON78Ckw

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here