Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Best old school pub in Brighton is...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Further afield, Shoreham has The Welly, The Sovereign, Marlipins and The Buck ( though that has had a refurb.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Beaufort (Now Islingword inn)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I've heard this one is quite good.

attachment.php

I can't remember what it's called though. Or where it is.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I will be back for 3 weeks in April and do a tour of them. My local used to be The Royal Oak in St. James Street as I lived just around the corner. I was there when it was updated and called The Oak, it has been just over 15 years since I have been there so expecting wholesale changes.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I will be back for 3 weeks in April and do a tour of them. My local used to be The Royal Oak in St. James Street as I lived just around the corner. I was there when it was updated and called The Oak, it has been just over 15 years since I have been there so expecting wholesale changes.

It became a trendy gay bar about 7 years ago and is called Shortts.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Been going to that pub on and off for 30 years, it definitely suffered in the last few years, some of the people migrated from the Branch when it changed. It was one step off The Bat and Ball.
Went there recently after the refurb and although it’s opened up a bit it still retains a lot of character but not all the characters, thank God.

OK point made.
No need to go on about it :)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It became a trendy gay bar about 7 years ago and is called Shortts.

Blimey, would have never had thought that would happen, given clientele, though a couple of the regulars did partake of this practice, in a prime spot for it I suppose.
Only ever had 2 locals when growing up in Brighton, first was The Ship on Lewes Road, which turned into a centre for religion.
The other was The Royal Oak, which is now a gay bar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here