Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool and the title

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just got a weird feeling that we're going to stop them having an invincible season. Head says to shut that feeling down obviously.

The team, well to be precise Dunk, has had that chance.
I'd be amazed if the team are allowed another bite of the cherry.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I hate to say this, but there's every chance they'll be crowned champions at the Amex.

City can get 90 points, Liverpool have 79.

I reckon it'll go something like this:

Watford (a) W
PLB (h) W
Everton (a) D
NIGELS (h) W
Citeh (a) L
VILLA (h) W

So they should do it at home to Villa, but if they only draw at Watford and the rest goes according to my prediction above, they will be coming to God's county looking for a point to take the title. Annoying.

They'll still hungover when they play us, 2-0 to the good guys...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Doesnt really matter on what game they win the title, they're desperate to go unbeaten the whole season & set a points record. They'll want to win every game.

I should imagine they'll be going after the FA Cup too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Doesnt really matter on what game they win the title, they're desperate to go unbeaten the whole season & set a points record. They'll want to win every game.

Yes. Sadly it is only mug sides who find themselves 7 points clear with 3 games to go, and a minimum second place guaranteed, and spaff nine points up the wall while walking on a sea of lager. :angry:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
They'll still hungover when they play us

There's every chance we'll be hungover when we play them.

Or whatever the equivalent is with balloons.
:smokin:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Yes. Sadly it is only mug sides who find themselves 7 points clear with 3 games to go, and a minimum second place guaranteed, and spaff nine points up the wall while walking on a sea of lager. :angry:

Yep. I'm still annoyed too.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I hate to say this, but there's every chance they'll be crowned champions at the Amex.

Watford (a) W
PLB (h) W
Everton (a) D
Nig31s (h) W
Citeh (a) L
VILLA (h) W

So they should do it at home to Villa, but if they only draw at Watford and the rest goes according to my prediction above, they will be coming to God's county looking for a point to take the title. Annoying.

Due to COVID-19 there is a possibility some of these matches could be played behind closed doors. Imagine winning the title for the first time in 30 years and having to do it in an empty stadium.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Due to COVID-19 there is a possibility some of these matches could be played behind closed doors. Imagine winning the title for the first time in 30 years and having to do it in an empty stadium.

I suspect if Bournemouth won it they wouldn't notice.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
They are already champions as far as I am concerned and will keep trying to get maximum points so that they will break the points attained record for all time.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Watford (a) W
PLB (h) W
Everton (a) D
Nig31s (h) W
Citeh (a) L
VILLA (h) W

(clears throat, puts on Keegan voice, points at NSC)

I would loov it if we beat them.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Ok I have been out of the country since the late 80's but have kept a reasonable eye on the Albion and the football league in general. Why the hatred for Liverpool? Man U and Palace I can understand.

*EDIT Just read through this thread and there isn't the usual vitriol. However I have read quite a bit of hatred on here regarding them.

Last edited:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Can you imagine if Liverpool came down here needing a point to win the title and a TeamLikeBrighton[emoji769] turn them over? I mean it wouldn't stop them going on to win it, but all eyes of the world on the Amex waiting for this momentous occasion and they go and cock it up [emoji38]
We would still be last on match of the day...

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Ok I have been out of the country since the late 80's but have kept a reasonable eye on the Albion and the football league in general. Why the hatred for Liverpool? Man U and Palace I can understand.

*EDIT Just read through this thread and there isn't the usual vitriol. However I have read quite a bit of hatred on here regarding them.

Don't hate them at all - just want to beat the unbeatable champions elect and spoil the party. :thumbsup:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I hope they win the title as quickly as possible because that will mean that they have beaten Watford and Bournemouth.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Every chance they'll win it at home to Palace, or then away to ManCity or at the very latest home to Villa.

We'll get a nice little draw at home against them the following week when they are on an unbeaten at all costs mode, and thinking about Europe and the FA cup still.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here