Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool and the title

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I hate to say this, but there's every chance they'll be crowned champions at the Amex.

City can get 90 points, Liverpool have 79.

I reckon it'll go something like this:

Watford (a) W
PLB (h) W
Everton (a) D
NIGELS (h) W
Citeh (a) L
VILLA (h) W

So they should do it at home to Villa, but if they only draw at Watford and the rest goes according to my prediction above, they will be coming to God's county looking for a point to take the title. Annoying.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I hate to say this, but there's every chance they'll be crowned champions at the Amex.

Watford (a) W
PLB (h) W
Everton (a) D
NIGELS (h) W
Citeh (a) L
VILLA (h) W

So they should do it at home to Villa, but if they only draw at Watford and the rest goes according to my prediction above, they will be coming to God's county looking for a point to take the title. Annoying.

a. That also assumes that City win every game.

b. they'll most likely beat Everton.

They'll do it in four games' time v Palace IMO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Annoying? It’s fantastic, I wonder if we’ll get their chefs doing a lap of honour too? Must hang around for that

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think they’ll do it before but the question is, if they’re already champions and still in the CL and FA cup, will they rest players for our game, or any of our relegation rivals game for that matter... time will tell.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Watford (a) W
PLB (h) W
Everton (a) D
NIGELS (h) W
Citeh (a) L
VILLA (h) W

Not if they are still in the FA Cup they won't be as our home game will be moved to later in the season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think they’ll do it before but the question is, if they’re already champions and still in the CL and FA cup, will they rest players for our game, or any of our relegation rivals game for that matter... time will tell.

Be great for us to get a shoeing from their 16 year olds ?? :lol::lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

A nice little hiccup wouldn't hurt if it meant Villa at home becomes the chosen game.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Isn't Liverpool away one of the games Zaha usually bothers turning up in for them though?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Doesnt really matter on what game they win the title, they're desperate to go unbeaten the whole season & set a points record. They'll want to win every game.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Not a chance I'd say.

They'll be wanting to win the title, do it unbeaten, with the fewest amount of draws so they can surpass Arsenal and say they're the best team in the PL since time immemorial.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Doesnt really matter on what game they win the title, they're desperate to go unbeaten the whole season & set a points record. They'll want to win every game.

Not going to happen imo, you can get a very mean 4/1 if you want to lay on it

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Can you imagine if Liverpool came down here needing a point to win the title and a TeamLikeBrighton™ turn them over? I mean it wouldn't stop them going on to win it, but all eyes of the world on the Amex waiting for this momentous occasion and they go and cock it up :lol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Can you imagine if Liverpool came down here needing a point to win the title and a TeamLikeBrighton™ turn them over? I mean it wouldn't stop them going on to win it, but all eyes of the world on the Amex waiting for this momentous occasion and they go and cock it up :lol:

We would get zero credit and may even not get mentioned by name in the post match discussion, it would be a 100% media wankfest about how great they’ve been all season.

The best bit for me would be the commentary team waxing lyrical about how Liverpool are never beaten....then the full time whistle would go :lolol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The City game would be Liverpool's 49th league game unbeaten and equalling Arsenal's record. They'll be up for it.

City have got Man United and Chelsea away before they play Liverpool.

In a 12 day time period, City are away to Real Madrid, at Wembley for the League Cup Final, away to Sheff. Wed. in the FA Cup, then away to Man United in the derby.

Something's gotta give.

Can see Liverpool wrapping it up before they play us.

Last edited:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Just got a weird feeling that we're going to stop them having an invincible season. Head says to shut that feeling down obviously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here