Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion players moonlighting in other random sports.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In honour of baseball's Madison Bumgarner who was, up until the story broke over the weekend, risking his $85,000,000 contract by competing in rodeos under an assumed name:-

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/24/...-diamondbacks-rodeo-hobby-spt-intl/index.html

In fairness to him the 6ft 8 baseball star did win $26,000 in a 'team-roping' competition. (no me neither)

What other sports would you least expect Albion players, past and present, to compete in and actually be good at?

Marks will be awarded for:-
Understanding the 2 key elements of the question.
Original thinking.
Showing your workings out.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think Neal Maupay could have the potential to be a very decent handball player.

Why it is unlikely:
- He is about 20 centimetres (sorry, I'm sure theres a converter somewhere on the web...) shorter than most handball players.
- He would have a pretty hard time dealing with the "no flaming, shut up and take it"-mentality of handball
- He is living in the UK and would have a very hard time finding someone to play with

Why he would be unexpectedly good:
- He is French.
- He is very intense.
- He is a terrier with unexpected flair

Could easily see him being a Ljubomir Vranjes (famous 166cm player) on the handball field:
2:10:

Another one then, in another famous UK sport - ice hockey and the case of Aaron Mooy:

Why it is unlikely:
- I know most of you guys are probably not much into ice hockey, but you may believe me when I say Australia is really really bad.
- Not very physical.
- Australia...

Why he might be better than expected:
- Good at tight spaces
- Since he is pretty slow, a couple of skates could really help him
- One of his main weaknesses is that he seems to get tired a bit into second half. In hockey you have free subs so you could utilize him all game.

And then we have Dale Stephens who look like a clay pigeon shooter, but I cant really back it up.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Joe Gatting - basically any sport he fancies?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Maty 'Tiny' Ryan - Stacking.

Excellent hand/eye coordination and a low centre of gravity for balance.

Add to that he's an Aussie, so if he were to drop a cup, going upside down beneath the desk to collect would not be an issue.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Bobby ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 62

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills